Which character in G1 could be considered as Umarak's equal?

Not necessarily spot on, because we never had a literal Umarak in G1 but maybe more in a sense of story perspective.

My guess would be the evil equivalent of Takanuva.

1 Like

Maybe Brutaka or Hydraxon?

1 Like

How so?

Not sure. :laughing:

Idk, it was the just the first thing that came to mind when I thought “Umarak G1”.

2 Likes

Fair enough xD

1 Like

Brutaka because of dimensional gates and Umarak’s teleports between shadows. Also, they both have weird connection to Makuta (like umarak became kinda “mind controlled” by Makuta and Brutaka by antidermis).

Also, Umarak is a dark hunter. And was betrayed by Makuta. I’ve seen that before, or have I…Krekka and Nidhiki! But more like Nidhiki.

3 Likes

Brutaka isn’t a Dark Hunter, and he was never betrayed by Makuta.

EDIT: or were you referring to Nidhiki?

2 Likes

hehe, I was reffering to Umarak - he is dark hunter (well, not the member, but by his nature). Sorry for miswording.

1 Like

Well there’s a obvious choice for Umarak’s equal, who isn’t a OoMN member being trick by the Piraka (Brutaka), or a dead OoMN jailer that a Po-Matoran turn into a new version of himself (Hydraxxon), or ever some Dark Hunters, so that’s leaves the one major choice, it’s Ahkmou, like Umarak, he works with Makuta, he becomes Makuta’s “Turaga” when the region of Shadows taking places, like how Umarak becomes Makuta’s Destroyer, it’s add to the favor of him almost become a Toa of Shadows in the 2008 story arc, that’s really mean that he is Umarak’s G1 countpart.

5 Likes

Umarak also had a “Nuva symbol” of his own on his box if I recall correctly. Kinda works in favor of the whole shadow toa idea concerning the similarities between him and Ahkmou.

His powers are most like shadow stealer, though story wise I’d say piraka: manipulated my Makuta, working for his own benefit (he thinks), and suffers horrific consequences after Makuta is finished with him/them

I considered some candidates. From story functionality maybe Rahi Nui. From character standpoint maybe Nidhiki. But I think Vambrah fits best overall. He likes to hunt, has shadow powers, is a servant to Makuta and dies as a part of his plan.

1 Like

I think it is obvious - Shadow Stealer of course. The ability to travel through shadows is lifted directly from him + he is a dark hunter.

1 Like

The only equivalent I can think of would be any of the Dark Hunters, but even that’s not a great comparison because they’re a guild of bounty hunters. Really, Umarak is a unique being all to himself (and honestly, probably one of my favorite characters out of any generation of Bionicle).

He’s a naturalistic hunter, an evil forest spirit. He’s the boogeyman of the villagers, basically. I can imagine parents would tell their children tales of Umarak so they don’t go running off at night.

As far as I can remember, G1 didn’t really have too many folk-lore monster creatures, let alone anything resembling a trophy hunter. I think he’s probably the best thing to come out of G2.

6 Likes

Well, there’s Irnakk.

3 Likes

Bur Irnakk is only a creature of the Skakdi. Umarak seems to be a universal monster.

3 Likes

Umarak had so much wasted potential, he could have killed the Toa and Ekimu

1 Like

But, then we wouldn’t have had a story?..

That’s like saying “Darth Vader had so much wasted potential. He could have killed Luke, Han, and Leah.”

For what it’s worth, Umarak did beat the Toa, repeatedly, and managed to steal one of the Elemental Creatures and the Mask of Control.

6 Likes

But the Toa are ridiculously overpowered, IDK why

they managed to beat the lord of skull spiders and skull basher in all of 5 minutes

2 Likes

Him killing Ekimu, or the protectors might’ve been interesting.

1 Like