Which canonization contest are you looking forward to the most?

The Golden Skinned Being.

I wanna see a Titan-sized MOC completely composed of gold pieces.

5 Likes

I still wish the Gold Skinned Being was going to be a pure art contest. Making a Bionicle that’s meant to look like ‘skin’ seems like a bad idea.

Personally, I wish that thye were going to do these conests for Rahi, too, such as fire-flyers and… Tunnellers? Is that what they called the thing that could turn into whatever it touched?

Anyway, of the characters on the table, maybe Lariska? I also echo @ProfSrlojohn’s excitement to see new elements as Toa (I still think that there should be a contest for a Toa of each element, even if they don’t get names or backstories, just so we can get visual references for MOCs (and ditto that for the Baraki’s unmutated forms.))

I can’t actually choose. Like every character needs a phisical representation. I somewhat agree with @darkbrick999 abaut Gold Skinned Being, though.
I can surely say that from the list we have right now I most dislike Marendar in terms of need of visualisation, but it (or he?) is my favorite in terms of constraction due to lack of describtion (a lot of freedom for imagination).

2 Likes

Jerbraz.

3 Likes

I"ll give a shot to Nidhki and possibly Lariska, but I’m most excited for building the Golden Skinned being.

I won’t build Arthaka but I’m pretty hyped to see what others can do.

I’m really looking forward to Artakha, the Golden-Skinned Being, and Marendar the most. Hopefully, Artakha looks like Sauron (similar to Wilson’s MOC) and implements a good balance of sand green and some other color, such as gunmetal. The Golden-Skinned Being is bound to be a tall golden Skakdi, either with Irnakk’s spine or a custom head. I also hope Marendar reflects Greg’s comparison of it being the Bionicle equivalent to the Sentinels from X-Men. Regardless, I look forward to building the winning entries above.

7 Likes

Idea: since the set versions of the Glatorian don’t reflect their canon organic-ness, it could be cool (though admittedly unlikely) to do contests for them. At least some art would be nice.

1 Like

TIGER ANTS! Oh, bionicle canon contests? Well then, uhhhhh, gold skinned being.

2 Likes

Lariska. Ever since I saw TheShadowedOne1’s moc of her, I fell in love with it; it’s just amazing and does so many things so well. Repeating what I said in a different post, his moc looks feminine without being overly sexualized, the legs have really good articulation, the kanoka disk on her back is a nice tie in with her lore, it makes really good use of Krekka and Nidhiki’s parts in the torso and even if you only have one of those two sets, she’s already halfway completed.

2 Likes

For me that goes double.:slightly_smiling_face::+1:
Artakha is my favorite out of all of the Canon Contest roster.:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

I am most excited for Marendar because of the creative freedom that his vague description allows. Though this can also be a bad thing since some people may go a route that completely doesn’t fit bionicle at all. Another problem is that it doesn’t say how he kills Toa. I would assume an arsenal of specialized weapons but people could go the elemental powers route and give him no weapons at all and say “well you see magic” which would be straight up boring. Otherwise he sounds a lot of fun and I have already finished my entry (well its 5th version that is) But I am ready for Lariska as well.

2 Likes

The Artakha and Helryx contests were the ones I was most excited for. Now, I’m mostly looking forward to Lariska.

The one of looking least forward to is Chiara, because I don’t think she’s a very important or interesting character.

(PS, edited title to make it shorter)

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to Marendar. I feel many share the same opinion.

1 Like

Orde, zaria and charia since I’m going to be entering those.
I’m also very excited for us to get a canon Appearance for Tuyet

2 Likes

I am also looking forward to Zaria (and the hopeful win of @Kodiak’s awesome MOC.:+1:)

4 Likes

Lariska. I have a Moc (80% done) and I’m pretty happy with it :smile: also Marander is years away but I might give that a go, seeing the absolute free for all will be amazing.

2 Likes

you know, i just thought about something. for the canon contests, could we just use a non-canon combo model as our entree? probably not, since your entree has to be made by you, but it’s a thought.
honestly just imagine if this man was marendar

2 Likes

Imagine if it was this bad boy… image

2 Likes

that would be cool.

3 Likes

Yes indeed! The Bohrok fusion is one of coolest combiners ever. It has wings, poseable waist and gun arms!
Probably I’d prefer a improved version with matching Bohrok visors and a bit more detail but yeah.

2 Likes