Which LEGO IP would you like see in a video game format? (excluding Bionicle)

The title is pretty much the question itself: which themes do you see as good video game material, and what do you think that game would look like?

For myself, I would be really happy with a Hero Factory, Exo-Force or Knight’s Kingdom II video game.
The first two would be a more linear TPS shooter game with some more open areas and some RPG elements, and the last one would be Witcher/AC:Origins like RPG.

3 Likes

ninjago 2011-2014? I grew up with that theme (in those years especially) and have the Ninjago battles game, but I think that something that involves more worldbuilding would work

2 Likes

Tfw you realize the guy meant original Lego IP and not just any random IP but anyhow as for original Lego IP’s then probably a Hero Factory game in a fighter genre like MK or Street Fighter since the basic standard Lego game style/the one Tt uses I don’t think would work that well for HF

i don’t play video games :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Literally anything that isn’t a licensed game at this point.

The three themes you mentioned would all be good contenders. Personally I’d want to see another LEGO Battles game on a larger scale - I was hoping for something of the like for Legends of Chima, since the scale of the armies could be larger than that of Ninjago.

4 Likes

Heck, another Lego battles in general, maybe for PC. The general format was fine, but the 20 unit cap made it a PAIN to actually win outside of the campaign. Obviously, this was because of the limitations of the original DS hardware, but a PC or a switch could easily handle something on the scale of say… C&C 3 or Red Alert 3.

New factions to go along with the old ones, and the old ones updated for more modern lines.

4 Likes

I have honestly never played or seen the other lego battles game. (only the ninjago one) is that one any different?

I consider Battles: Ninjago to be inferior to LEGO Battles in most respects. Battles was a full on strategy game, with the teams sometimes having a ‘hero’ or two with a special skill. LBN as I recall had only hero units, not true small armies, which made it feel more like a watering down of the existing Traveler’s Tales format than a true successor to Battles.
I remember there being a lot fewer levels in LBN as well.

2 Likes

ok then, next time I go to half price books Ill look for that then. it sounds interesting.
and yes, ninjago only has hero units and builders

A sequel to the mars mission RTS would be pretty cool

5 Likes

I’d love it if they made the Mario sets into an actual platformer style video game.

I’d love to see a large scale Legends of Chima strategy game, that involves creating your own Animal Empire, by building up your village, and going at war with other animal tribes. Kinda like a Chima version of LotR: Battle for Middle Earth if you will.
I’d also like to see some games based on Hero Factory and Exo-Force, that would be cool as well. I’m thinking maybe an open world RPG where you explore Makuro Hero City and fight against villains would be cool for a Hero Factory game.

2 Likes

A faction-based PvP/PvE game (sort of like Star Wars: Battlefront) that sees the original Pirates, Space, and Castle themes battling for supremacy.

Basically For Honor, but classic LEGO.

Yes, I realize the Space people would be OP.

4 Likes

Not necessarily, you could give them some caveats that could give the others an advantage.

For example, the spacemen could have a smaller field of view due to the helmets, meaning that the melee based C and P could sneak up better. You could also remove any melee capabilities for the spacemen so they can’t fight well at close range.

It’d take some fenangaling, but it could be done.

1 Like

How about LEGO Minecraft? No one seems to mention that one, but I think it would make a good video game.

Seriously though, I’d love to see a space exploration game involving all the old linked space themes: rock raiders, Ice planet, aquazone/seatron, insectoids, exploriens, space police, even the classic life on Mars. It would be great to build your own space ship and go exploring from planet to planet.

5 Likes

Lots of people have mentioned LEGO battles and I agree-although I’m more familiar with crystal alien conflict so maybe just that but with all the early 2000s ranges (minus our beloved bio-mechanical beings)

Ok, actually I just remembered LEGO universe existed. That would be awesome if it actually was completed and had said 2000s themes that weren’t included originally like Dino attack or power miners.

3 Likes

Ninjago 2011-2021 (not the movie version.)

1 Like