Which socket shape is the most beautiful and Bionicle-ish?

In terms of iconic-ness, the OG socket is definitely the most Bionicle-y. But there is something about the sleekness of the 08-10 sockets that works for me (well, works in theory, of course :P).

4 Likes

I guess the ‘classic’ design with always be considered the ubiquitous G1 design, since it was for the vast majority of it. But I’m very happy with the CCBS version as well, just need more colours!

5 Likes

I like the design with the grilles–I never really liked the solid socket styles, for some reason.

3 Likes

I mean they are fine, but the grilled design wins it for me too MooCowsRock.

2 Likes

I think that the 2,008–2,010 socket looks Bionicle-y, but it also sadly kinda looks like pain.

The 2,001–2,007 socket is probably then the most iconic, as it combines the Gen 1 aesthetic with longevity.

2 Likes

That is beautiful.

@Kraata, it doesn’t damage either piece, so I see no reason it would be illegal.

As for experience with parts breaking, the parts I have the worst luck with (and keep in mind I don’t have many 2008-2010 joints) are modern CCBS. Maybe it’s because I use them more? At least as far as sockets go. Almost none of my 1999-2005 sockets have broken, but the axel holes on the back have been breaking recently. I morn every time I have to get rid of a precious purple piece for that reason.

1 Like

Sorry for you, man.:persevere:

1 Like

I just looked through Bricklink and found myself quite surprised. The part lists claim that the Phantoka Makuta initially also came with rounded joints. Is that true?

1 Like