Which would you rather have: reboot or continuation?

technically even a continuation is a reboot as it ended. so you are actually not content with anything. :stuck_out_tongue:

Curse your logic!
I shall restate how I feel: I would not like a reboot that is a complete reboot, one that throws out pretty much all the old story. If it starts off completely fresh and ignores its history for the most part, I will be sad.
I want a story that is connected to the original.

I’d like it to be a continuation.

If it’s a continuation, I would want it to follow up with the serials. If it’s a reboot, then they should use a different storyline. We already know that the new enemy is this new lord of skull spiders guy so if this is a reboot then they should have the same elements, but with a different story. This also falls into play if it’s a continuation. We would not follow up with the serials but instead disregard that and then start from Tahu’s speech when Teridax was killed. In my opinion, All of these ideas are the most probable. We just don’t know which one Lego will choose.

I think that a reboot should steer away from Teridax… for a year or two. mention him as a shadow behind the Lord of Skull spiders and whatever other enemy there is, and then BOOM! introduce him in year three. He’s too good a villain (and really the only character to be fully present in every year. 2001-2005 he was Makuta, 2006 he was the Zamor Spheres (which technically means he has the most number of releases) in 2007 he was Maxilos, and in 2008 he was Mata Nui.) to be gone from Bionicle forever

Maybe the guy with the dark face and red eyes in the background on the new leaked image behind the spider is Makuta.

I’d rather see a continuation. In doing so, Lego shows it’s appreciation of older fans, and also allows the younger generations to participate in the epic story that we’ve all come to know and love.

1 Like

I would honestly prefer 2015 to be a continuation rather than a reboot. I didn’t really see any problems with the original storyline. Sure, it was a bit complicated and dark, but that’s what made it different from most other Lego lines! That’s one of the primary reasons why Bionicle has developed such a large community. Although I suppose a reboot would be okay as well, since it’s likely that Greg will be writing it, and I trust him to handle the reboot while simultaneously taking account how older Bionicle fans would react.