Who IS Artakha?

@SirKeksalot,
I’m saying that no matter what one suspects that the folks in Billund used as influences for the existence of duality in their fantasy, what the Judeo-Christian Book itself says does not support dualism, so they must have gotten dualism from influences elsewhere, such as “yin-yang”, or, as @Votuko mentioned, Maori mythology.

Anyhow (time to steer this conversation away from becoming a worldview debate):

As for who Artakha is character-wise, I see him as a kind of Optimus Prime/Papa Smurf-type figure. However, while he will fight alongside the good guys when the clock strikes 11, he himself is probably not all that good, but closer to a John Hammond-type guy combined with the reclusive, legendary, and creative aspects of Santa Claus (who have both been played by the same actor, interestingly enough), with a voice that’s somewhere in-between Ekimu and Optimus Prime, with a similar cadence. Now, Artakha’s motif is a mythical figure, almost like a living version of a hidden treasure Indiana Jones would have to hunt down, but part of what makes him legendary (his reclusiveness and refusal to get involved) is also part of what makes him less heroic than the actually self-sacrificing heroes of the MU such as Jaller, Onua, and Mata-Nui himself.

5 Likes

Anyway, I don’t think there’s much difference between Artakha and Karzahni personally, except one is the better craftsman than the other.

They both seem not to value life, with Artakha having the OoMN kill everyone who knew the location of his island to protect a bunch of cool objects he made. Artakha wishes to maintain a universe in which he can craft, leading him to assist the protagonists, not necessarily because he believes assisting them is morally right.

There’s possibly some narcissism in there too - he is proud of his creations (refused to destroy his Crystal Serpents) and possibly enjoyed the praise / adoration he received back when he produced items on request for anyone.

3 Likes

Ha ha :rofl:

That is another aspect of Artakha I think was adapted for Ekimu. Artakha has a voice described as ancient and young at the same time, and Ekimu’s voice from Journey to one fits that description.

2 Likes

Well, is it wrong? :rofl:

Nice point right there. :+1:

1 Like

No it’s actually spot on! I just tried to picture it :joy:

1 Like

Artakha He’s a legendary character to me, even with his considerable absence.but we can’t say he had any particular behavior.
To me honestly it is very very neutral
And as I read the opinions of the fans he emphasized creation and it came first even his life is under his love for creation
Interestingly, if we couldn’t really know we can look at g2. I think that the brotherhood relationship between Ekimu and makuta resembles kharzahni and Artakha
In the end, for me Artakha is a living legend and an enigmatic subject

2 Likes

I definitely think that Gen 2 Makuta’s evil-ness, failure of craftsmanship, and rule over a kingdom of twisted beings does resemble Karzahni,- although as to which character in all of Gen 1 he resembles best, that would probably have to be Nuhrii.

Think about it: Nuhrii’s masks are of a poorer quality than his rival Vakama’s, so (in this idea for an alternate timeline where Vakama didn’t get it from him first) he uses the great disk of Ta-Metru to try and make the greatest kanohi of all time. The result is a kanohi similar in power level to the Vahi (being that the disk is power level 9), and then to show it off, puts it on his own face. However, being at a similar power level as the Vahi, its power runs out of control even when being worn by a Matoran, and (being that the great disk from which it was carved was an enlarge disk) causes Nuhrii to grow to enormous size as his mind slips away…

3 Likes