Who Is The Best Toa?

Physical: Onua, no questions asked
Mental: I always thought of Kopaka as the closest to having Teridax’s strategic mind, but Helryx also is like that, so I’ll make it a tie
Powers: Krakua
Accomplishments: Either Tahu (distracting Teridax so that Mata Nui could give him a moon to the face) or Matoro (no explanation needed)
Overall: I always liked Jaller

2 Likes

Well my fave is Kongu.

as for the best…Kopaka…or Jaller…

Edited Title -legomaster

Gali, Lewa, Kopaka, Lesovikk, Nuparu, Matoro, and Vakama.

Screw unity just let Kopaka do everything

1 Like

Huh. This is a good question.

Physically, the best would be Pohatu. He may not be quite a strong as Onua, but he’s faster.

Mentally, of the ones we’ve seen, I would say Helryx, due to her experience and age.

Powers: I’m not sure what you mean by powers. All Toa, minus the Nuva, are as elementally powerful as each other. I guess I would say Takanuva, maybe.

Accomplishments: Jaller, as he was very accomplished before being a Toa, or, again, Helryx.

Overall: Helryx, due to how gosh darn old she is.

2 Likes

Physical ability: Onua Nuva, Onua G2, Pohatu Nuva, or Pohatu G2.
Mental ability: Probably Orde, the first Toa of Psionics.
Powers: Gali Nuva. To quote:

Accomplishments: Matoro REMEMBER MATORO!
Overall: Helryx. She, like Gali, can command the waves. She has the Mask of Psychometry, which is basically the Mask of Internet. She is the oldest Toa, and has served on the Hand of Artakha, and founded the Order of Mata Nui, of which she is still the leader.

1 Like

I think Vakama, is responsable of one of the most crucial moments in Bionicle: The greath rescue. And the development he had was pretty well. I say Vakama

Favorite- Lewa
Best- Jaller or Matoro

um. @ToaHahli

Kopaka
Kopaka
Kopaka
Kopaka
Kopaka

Kapura hands down

what do you mean he’s not a Toa?

Toa Lhikan. People still talk about him.

Physical ability: He was one of the most experienced Toa ever and could survive years against the Dark hunters when other could not.

Mental ability: He lead a war effort and had to make hard decisions. His sister and brother betrayed him. He still found a way to act quickly. He even saved Vakama with split second decision.

Powers: he could use his fire powers to do delicate work. A rarity among users of this volatile element.

Accomplishments: survived the war, Created 6 new toa and guided them. Even as a turaga he was a warrior.

Overall. He was everything a Toa could be. Plus he could fly using his swords as a flying board. That is rad.

Here are my top picks.

Matoro. For obvious reasons.
Toa Ignika. One of the most powerful masks in existence given sentience. Made a similar heroic sacrifice for the fate of the universe.
“Toa” Mata Nui. Not a Toa in the physical sense, but he’s literally a god.
Tahu. Because when people think “Bionicle”, they see his iconic mask.

Once again, it’s essay time! :stuck_out_tongue:

Physical ability? Depends on how you’re defining that. Raw strength, Onua is probably going to be tougher than any other Toa out there. But if we’re talking more athleticism, I’d go with Hewkii, probably (with Pohatu in close second).

Mental ability could also mean a few things. Raw intelligence, out of the Toa we’ve met, it’s too close between too many to reasonably call, I feel. In terms of knowledge (or “education”, if you will) Whenua and Nuju probably know way more than any other Toa we’ve met. Gali and Onua are probably the “wisest” in terms of decision making, and Gali in particular is probably a contender for the smartest Toa. But mental ability could also mean willpower (often a trait that, in Bionicle, is associated with resisting mental attacks/mind control/etc), in which case Matoro would be my bet, followed tightly by Jaller and, again, Gali. I’m not considering “Toa” Mata Nui in any of this, by the way.

Powers? Well again, that could mean “Whose powers are the most effective?” or “Who is on the highest power level?” or “Who is most adept at using their powers?” so there’s a few answers. As far as power levels go, Tuyet obviously dwarfs everyone. Then you’ve got Toa Ignika, then Tahu with all his Rahkshi powers, then the Nuva, and then everyone else is pretty close after that - although I’ve heard some fan theories that suggest Gali is on a crazy power level too. As far as most effective power set, that’s a topic in and of itself (especially if you factor in mask powers) although Varian comes to mind pretty quickly. As for who has the best usage of their powers - I’d argue Kopaka seems like the winner here. Out of all the Toa, he tends to use his power in the most effective ways, and he’s very quick to put it to good use, too.

Accomplishments is interesting. Matoro, objectively, had the most significant and impacting individual destiny. Whether his was the hardest destiny to accomplish is another matter. Helryx definitely needs to be mentioned here, and so does Lhikan. Norik and Jovan are also implied to have done some pretty significant and memory-worthy stuff. Many Toa accomplish things as a team, which kind of makes this a watery thing to look at - the Nuva and the two teams who had to use the Ignika objectively did a lot, but you couldn’t point fingers at individuals.

Overall? I think naming any individual “the best” would be missing the point of narrative, frankly, but I’ll certainly give my top contenders:

• Tahu solely from a perspective of most iconic (which I can see someone arguing makes him the “best”) and most diverse power set.
  • Gali - Very powerful, decisive, wise, and intelligent. She has survived a number of particularly brutal fights and demonstrated limited healing and telepathy powers that remain unexplained.
  • Onua is just an absolute tank, physically and in strength of powers. Plus he’s Nuva and has a Pakari. He’d be terrifying to have to fight, frankly.
  • Kopaka is a silent achiever. We’ve seen him defeat a Muaka literally without a scratch, and single-handedly defeat the three Rahkshi that Tahu and Gali combined couldn’t stop from sinking Ta-Koro. Plus, in one of the comics he survived a group assault by all six. Not to mention he flash-froze the Toa Nuva of fire - not an easy thing to do, I’m sure.
  • Lhikan is fantastic because he’s amazing in spite of his team, who were kinda rubbish. They ranged from Naho-level “decent” to “I’m the fourth Toa of Ice on your team and I wear a Kaukau” to downright “I want to betray the city to Dark Hunters/rule the literal known universe” levels of hopelessness. I think there’s a certain understated hilariousness to the fact that all throughout Metru Nui, he’s the only one who seems to have any statues. He’s kind of a Captain America sort of figure - emblematic of everything it means to be a Toa even when repeatedly faced with corruption from everyone around him.
  • Jaller is an obvious pick (and TTV’s, if you watched the Top Ten video). People were comparing him to a Toa before he even became one. He’s kind of just an all-out decisive leader and adept action hero who fits the mantle so naturally, and unlike Lhikan, isn’t in a situation where he gets a lot of applause for what he does.
  • Matoro because, well, you know… “A will and determination that rivals only that of the Great Spirit himself,” and all.
  • Helryx because she is the first Toa, and also because she leads an organization of objectively more “powerful” beings. She commands respect, and we haven’t seen enough of her to fully know what she’s done in the past that makes her so significant. Also, she doesn’t follow the Toa Code - which is a plus or minus, depending on perspective.
  • Tuyet has an objective argument in her favour just because she has the most Toa Power, and therefore, you could say she’s the “best” Toa. I think we can agree that she’s probably not, though. :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Toa Ignika because life as an element is just insane. :stuck_out_tongue:

Of course, that’s only out of Toa we know much about. I’d suspect Toa like Jovan could be easy contenders if we knew more about them. What’s interesting is who definitely didn’t turn up on this list, including Takanuva, Lesovikk, or any of the Metru.

Ekimu.

Physical ability: Hits things pretty hard with his hammer, can probably become a titan if he regains his full power.

Mental ability: Effortlessly wields two Legendary-equivalent masks, without losing control or becoming a corrupted form.

Powers: Light, which on Okoto is the combination of all primary elements. Creation, arguably the most versatile mask power.

Accomplishments: Hit Makuta pretty hard with a hammer, also probably created most of Okoto (the cities and potentially the island itself).

Overall: :wink:

1 Like