Who really wrote BIONICLE's new soundtrack?

If you’re anything like me or my friends, you’ve seen that 30-second CGI trailer a million times. I bet you could probably hum that awesome tune and get it 100% right…

But, where did that tune come from? Who wrote it, and when?

The answer is here:

We Weren’t Born To Follow - Bon Jovi - 2009

Listen carefully to the guitar riff in the intro. Need help? Listen to this:

Get that tune in your head and speed it up a bit.

Is it not the EXACT SAME TUNE?!

Mystery solved.

Also, I guess you could say LEGO are plagiarists :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If they were going to rip off someone, why did the choose Bon Jovi?

Well, ya see, this is a common thing in the music industry. Many popular songs have similar riffs to each other, some are even identical reproductions. Most of the time this is done without intent to copy, and completely by accident. The most popular example of this is the ABC’s song, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Baa Baa Black Sheep. They’re all the same, with some alterations of course, in regards to melody, tempo, and composition.

And honestly I don’t see the connection there. Many songs start off with a drum roll and play the chorus as an intro. Other than the roll, this song doesn’t share much with the 2015 music.

I could get into the details of why they are definitely far different, but I think I have made my point. (To be honest, I don’t think they’re even in the same key.)

5 Likes

I think it was written by Applego to brainwash us all

5 Likes

I think it was wrote by Advance because that’s where Cryoshell came from

1 Like

ABCs, Twinkle Twinkle, and Baa Baa Black Sheep aren’t variations. They’re the same song. The original music was a Mozart piece.

There are slight variations between the songs, but I did say they were all essentially the same. =/

1 Like

Indeed. In technical musical terms, a variation on a tune is any interpretation that changes pretty much anything. So, to give a concrete example, Aerosmith’s cover of “Come Together,” originally by the Beatles, is a variation on that song. In the same way, all the songs Bio mentioned are variations on the original Mozart melody.

1 Like

I don’t think that new Bionicle theme sounds similar to that.

Personally, I don’t hear it…

But yeah, it was probably not intentional as their is no reason I can think as to why the songs would sound remotely similar.

Nominated for an award I believe

5 Likes

While they are slightly similar, yes, I don’t think they’re one and the same.

I mean, let’s face it. Eventually humanity will run out of good note combinations.

It’ll take a long time, but it will happen.

3 Likes