Who was your favourite Roman Emperor?

Ceasar had one weakness, and one weakness alone: Getting shanked twenty three times.

3 Likes

Britain bleongs to Rome and you know it./s

Long Live Britania, Imperial Scum.

My actual answer is General Douglas MacArthur.

2 Likes

Et Romanos Gloriam!

2 Likes

Nero.

Okkkk

Hmmmmmmm

1 Like

[s]I thought you said you were a Celt.
I assume Scot by your love of the Brits.

But weā€™ll never forget the Troubles.

Celtic tribes consisted of Scotland, Wales and Ireland historically. We just mostly associate them with Ireland since theyā€™ve kept the culture of them more.

You forget of the Bretons, Manx and the people of Cornwell (I am pretty sure I misspelled that).

2 Likes

I know, I was just playing it up for a joke.

Cornwall, and the people are Cornish, I believe.

If I remember correctly they have a weird, Celtic name, tho I might be wrong. I am not a big history fan of the Celts.

Might I ask why? Whatā€™s different between their history and others that you donā€™t like?

I donā€™t know, I was just never too interested in them.
Even since I started getting into history there were a few countries and races that took my attention. Obviousky it was Romania and its siblings, the Balkans, the states, and more recently the Baltics and the Caucasians. But the Celts? They never intrigued my eye. At first I didnā€™t even knew how many Celtic people still exist. I didnā€™t even new that Ireland was ethnically different than the UK.

Huh, I learned about it early on, specifically in learning about the Roman Empire. I guess they just focus on different things when teaching history in other countries.

No. The Celts were mentioned a lot in my school sylabus. But obviously we didnā€™t talk about them as much as other people that played a significant role in our history.
But I was not talking about school only. If I see a country or an ethnic group I am interested in, I search about it on the Internet. I just didnā€™t have the curiosity for the Celts.

1 Like

Ah, Iā€™ve gained a love for Medieval and Renaissance Europe myself, so Iā€™ve been learning about everything from the Celts to the Slavs to the Holy Roman Empire.

2 Likes

Yeah, tho personally I like the post Napoleonic history more.

1 Like

Karolus Magnus followed by Ferdinand II.

Constantine the Great is pretty swell.

1 Like