Why didn't Lego make bionicle return until 5 years later

up there

Because Lego decided to test the waters with Hero Factory. They must’ve wanted to find out if the fans still liked constraction.
However, I guess with the growing demand of BIONICLE’s return after the last five years, it seems we may just have that.

3 Likes

sorry i was kinda running out of ideas for topic thanks for responding

Because 5 years just seems right.

4 years: The bad ending of 2010 would still be on everyone’s minds
6 years: Everyone would have forgotten about Bionicle

5 is the perfect number

-MT

4 Likes

From what i’ve read and heard from the GregF interview, LEGO decided to pull the plug on BIONICLE when they did as it was still profitable, and if they were to bring it back, they would want retailers to remember it as a well selling line and not a shelf-warming line. As for why the waiting 5 years, they probably just wanted to keep rolling with HF to see how it would continue. With the declining quality of the story and dwindling interest in the line (so it seems at least), I think LEGO felt it was a good Idea to bring it back now to help sales with the constraction line. And from the looks of it, they are using alot of nostalgic elements to generate old and new fan interest.

-Star

7 Likes

I have a theory that everything they did with Hero Factory was to test out things for Bionicle’s return, such as the TV specials and construction system.

Don’t feel compelled to make more topics for no reason! That’s what I’ve been telling you off about all day today! Just ask these questions in more general discussions so you don’t flood the forum with poorly-made discussion titles! I don’t like to get upset over internet stuff, but you seriously need to focus on quality, not quantity.

4 Likes

I have a theory… so feel free to read;

• Bionicle was having a drop in sales which resulted in the lines cancellation
  • Fearing that Constraction sets were the reason why the line wasn’t selling, they made Hero Factory with an incredibly basic/non-existent story
  • Hero Factory was selling sets however and the popularity increased to the point where they were considering a live-action movie
  • However, then the response began to change and in order to keep the story simple this meant that the associated show had constant cliff-hangers that were never resolved
  • Lego began to look at reasons for the decline and realised that the lack of a story was potentially their main issue, with nothing to connect the prior years sets with the next years
  • Thus Lego thought of a new strategy… bring back Bionicle with the Hero Factory parts, merging the two.
  • Bionicle would feature a simpler story with less complex heroes and villains, while maintaining the nods to a wider universe that fans have loved, hence the inclusion of mysterious ruins
  • Lego would then go on to probably replacing the former Hero Factory live-action film with a Bionicle live-action film
2 Likes

But hey! that’s just a theory…

A GAME THEORY

Thanks for watching

5 Likes

or its just a theory…
A BIOTHOERY!

2 Likes

the reason for that is because over my past experiences with finding out interesting thoughts and facts dont go well and goodbye little hobbit

-Legions of the Anti-HF fans grin smugly-

Interesting theory. Makes me wonder if Bionicle will get a TV series. Then again, if Chima did, so may we.

thats why the box art tahu doesent look like a set he is from the animated series

Makes sense to me! That’s actually a very good explanation…

Watch, the reason will be something completely ridiculous. XD

1 Like

Not needed, per se, but there’s no rule that says it’s illegal to say it.

the hell are you saying?
I was trying to reply to the person above that comment, sigh people these days
I said it to matoro cause he said game theory (I got the reference) but bio-theory sound better

Alright, deputy is here. I already got six flags (haha. Six flags. Get it?) and I need to know the situation.

TrolloToa, none of the stuff you flagged was off-topic. It was general discussion and I don’t like how you gave me a bunch of flags that where totally unnecessary.

Why? this is a good topic that has sparked some interesting discussion.

1 Like