Why Do or Don't you like Skull Scorpio

I’ve never really hated Skull Scorpio.
I’m just not interested into Skull Scorpio.
Because I thought of Skull Scorpio as a rushed set. That should’ve at least had more time in development. Skull Scorpio’s story, parts, and features aren’t really interesting/appealing to me. Like I wish Skull Scorpio had more interesting/appealing factors besides the trans-parts and the mask grab function of the tail.

I don’t like him.

No Leg Pose-ability. I mean, seriously, Lego, C’mon.

Odd-looking tail.

Not that many new pieces like the rest.

I wouldn’t say either, really. He’s not the most appealing set of the bunch, but honestly he isn’t that bad.

His claws and tail have kind of awkward looks to them, but when put together, they seem… okay. I’d be lying if I said he doesn’t look even somewhat cool, not to mention that his functionality and build look pretty interesting.

He’s decent. Not bad, not fantastic; decent.

1 Like

I loooove Scorpio. I think he’s my favorite set from the summer wave.

The lack of leg articulation doesn’t bother me at all. I understand why people dislike this, but I think for what the purpose of the toy is, it made a lot of sense for them to go with what they did. Most people who are buying these sets aren’t buying them to pose them on a shelf (like me and most of the people who post here). They’re buying, or being given, these to play with. If you want to play with Scorpio, and he’s got 6 long legs with multiple joints, they’re going to constantly be getting pushed around and out of shape. Kids want to smash these together and beat the heck out of them. Putting flexible one piece legs on it allows for it to keep its look and shape while kids play with and smash the crap out of them.

The tail is one of my favorite parts of the set. Part of that is nostalgia for 01 rahi and the other part of it is my appreciation for how creative it is. It works really well, and it looks really menacing. It’s like a giant swinging guillotine. That thing looks like it’s gonna wreck people.

The mask is great too, and it doesn’t really bother me that it shares the mask with bashed.

1 Like

I hate his “hands”.
He does look cool though.
Since I had so many toys with so little articulation I’m fine with his inability to bend his legs (guys, I don’t demand much :P).
Overall I’m fine with everything.
Since these sets are very pricey in my country I would get only skull warrior out of all of them. He’s just so COOL

1 Like

I meant the claw things at the end of his tail

1 Like

Agreed!

You know, I wondered if you were going to compare him to LoSS :laughing:

[quote=“Sydorack, post:24, topic:11314,
full:true”]
They’re buying, or being given, these to play with.
[/quote]

Very true. Now that I have the set I have to say, It’s really fun to play with. Lego really aced skull scorpio here. I agree, for pose-ability he’s in the middle ground, but for playability he is awesome. The tail is incredibly fun; I’m sure kids will have a blast playing with him.

I got Skull Warrior at the same time. He is really cool.

if I’m to be honest, I kind of think skull warrior is the only set (besides Ekimu) that isn’t rushed in some way {in comparison to the winter wave which was incredibly well thought-out}.

3 Likes

I think my thoughts on Scorpio hasn’t changed much, over all I don’t like him but I love the concept. A lot of people’s opinion has changed due to a long time of seeing it and they are now used to it. Will I still get him, yes because I want to support the line as much as possible, but I still see to many flaws that may just be the artist brain seeing things different.

2 Likes

I like the concept, but the execution is severely lacking, in my opinion.
At least it makes a good parts pack.

2 Likes

I like everything about him except his little claws.

1 Like

Just actually got him today, and my opinion hasn’t changed, I still think he’s a neat little set.

1. His tail and function is stupid
  2. The legs don’t move
  3. I thought it would be similar to the Nui Jaga
    These three things are the reason I didn’t\won’t buy the set.
1 Like

I agree with Meso, he is better then slicer who twerks if you move his gears since one arm moves in the opposite direction. Nuf said

1 Like

Having got my grubby little hands on the new sets, I really like them, all. Sure there are some issues with them, even Scorpio…

He is just ok, imo.

To be honest, he wouldn’t be my first choice. In fact, he would probably be the last one I pick up. But I am glad that they decided to make all the Skull Villains unique, and like everyone is pointing out, it really takes me back to the days of the first wave with the Nui-Jaga. For me, part of the nostalgia of the first sets was the impossibility of moving limbs and posing, and all of those first rahi were basically stuck in one position where they could only change if you made them, and this little guy follows those lines. could they have made it better? Absolutely, but do I think it’s bad? No. The different colored pincers give it a venomous look and a smaller tail would have been too boring. However you see it, because of the way they designed this set, it has effectively become one of, if not the most popular one.

1 Like

Only thing I like about Skull Scorpio is his function (which doesn’t work on protectors) , and surprisingly, his claws. I found them useful to keep a hold of someones feet while de-masking.

I like Skull Scorpio because his name reminds of a certain other set that I liked with Scorpio in its name…

But I have to say Skull Scorpio, in my opinion, is better than this guy.

I’v got to disagree, Skull Scorpio is no where near better than him.

Back on topic… I like Skull Scorpio. He’s unique, he looks good and I think he’s the first ever LEGO action figure scorpion to have realistic (to an extent), poseable claws (looking at you Nui Jaga).

2 Likes

Well.

Because the legs don’t move and the tail looks like crap C: