Why Is "Different" Bad?

The only thing unpredictable about that movie is that the villain was so ridiculously predictable no one thought they’d actually do it.

1 Like

Congratulations, San Francisco! You’ve ruined pizza! First the Hawaiians, and now you!

2 Likes

FTFY :wink:

5 Likes

This is where I’m coming from a bit. I used to be of a mindset that an adaption should be rigidly trying to just do a better job (or convey in a different medium) the same story that we’ve heard before. Otherwise, what’s the point?

Then I saw the Lost in Space reboot, which is nothing like the original on any level but still undeniably fantastic.

Maybe I just find adaptions frustrating generally for reasons like this, and a slew of others. Just tell new stories, people! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I would disagree there. the dagger, despite it being absolutely horribly implemented (as well as the concept not being very good), was different. the exogol fleet? something new, just poorly done. palp returning has actually happened in legends, so it isnt really new there. but what Im getting at is that it isnt just a remake of RoTS or RotJ, as some sequel and prequel movies tend to be (I mean, look at the phantom menace next to a new hope and tell me they arent similar). point is, something can be different and bad, just as something could be different and new, but the good thing is that its different

2 Likes

I mean, look at The Force Awakens next to A New Hope and tell me they aren’t CARBON COPIES.

Fair enough.

The Sequels are just not different, and bad.

2 Likes