Why is it called "the the three virtues channel"?

Like, isn’t that a little weird?

So TTV stands for “the three virtues”, right? But if it’s also “the TTV channel” then you’ve got a double the happening. What’s up with that?

6 Likes

er… a grammar mistake, most likely. besides, “the three virtues channel” sounds like a religious channel, and bionicle isn’t technically a religion yet

4 Likes

It would be improper grammar to say “I’m watching The Three Virtues Channel

2 Likes

yeah but the the just sounds weird bro

It sounds better to just say “TTV”

1 Like

yeah it does but still. they could take the word the out of the acronym then it would just be “the tv channel” and i’m sure that would not be more confusing at all

3 Likes

That legitemately got me laughing.
“I’m gonna watch the tv channel!”
“What?”
“The TV channel!”
What?
:laughing:

5 Likes

IIRC, TTV rebranded themselves from The Three Virtues Channel to The TTV Channel. So technically TTV doesn’t stand for anything anymore.

It’s similar to how DC used to be short for Detective Comics, but has since been rebranded to just literally DC.

8 Likes

Never thought about it lol but your right it does sound pretty weird The TTV Channel makes sense but without the acronym is kinda gets weird.

1 Like

wait, Im the only one!? oh no! /j

1 Like

It sounds weird but it is grammatically correct. The name is “The Three Virtues” so all together it is - The “The Three Virtues” Channel - But that is why it is shortened to “The TTV Channel” to avoid the double “The” causing confusion.

1 Like

maybe but THE THE

1 Like

Uh
Just ignore it?

THE THE

1 Like

It should be called the TTTVC Channel

2 Likes