Will Themed Years Ever Return?

Themed years like 2007 when they had to go underwater or most of 2008 in the sky
For 2017 I would adore a pirate themed year with some pirate invaders with Zamor launchers

4 Likes

Right now, were kind of going through that '03-like year (Where we have two different things in the same year), so who knows.

7 Likes

If Ninjago’s still doing it, why won’t Bionicle?

3 Likes

This is teh spoopy year. :skull:

15 Likes

Fixed title -Not_legomaster

2 Likes

Yah, those Protectors were pretty spoopy. #10outta10 #2spoopyforme

6 Likes

Yea, them chest printings on the Toa made me lose sleep.

3 Likes

I believe Ninjago is doing pirates in 2016 so if Bionicle does pirates the year after than TLG needs to get more creative with their themes.

3 Likes

Spooky Scurvy Skeletons

8 Likes

We need a Snow-and-ice theme.

2 Likes

Winter is coming

1 Like

2spooky 4 me

5 Likes

Hopefully there’s an another flashback year

Well honesty, I wouldn’t say that Bionicle really had themed years.(save, maybe, '07) Sure, they all had flying gear in '08 but I wouldn’t go as far as to say that was themed. They were just set in an environment where characters would need that kind of gear, and that environment varied between the sky and swamp.

I don’t think we’ll really see many themed years. Obviously, there will be themed lines(we already have one!), but entire years? I doubt it.

And 09 was desert, and 04 was future city.

it was set in a desert, but did any of the sets have anything desert related, save Vorox and Skopio? *and Zesk

I’ll take that, though only really for the Vahki. The Toa Metru alone didn’t exactly scream super high tech, at least not in comparison with the Mata.

1 Like

We’ll have themed years for each theme i guess, Ninjago has done Skeletons, Ghosts and now Pirates

Bionicle seems to have themed waves - the first being Spiders the second being Skeletons with an overall theme of Skeletal beings

Next up!..

Mummies and scorpions.

2 Likes

Like I said on this topic here, don’t try to guess what Lego might be doing in future years because we have no idea what might happen. Though I do hope they will do something like 07-08