Will there be a Bionicle Spiritual Successor?

Actually Lego themselves described the sales as solid, so lack of sales wasn’t the problem; enough people definitely were interested

1 Like

If Mega Construx will do Bionicle G3, some people will accept it, some others will not. I personally will try to buy the sets, but LEGO is the big boss in the buildable figure world. Plus, we are talking about themes like Mega Construx! If they already had had a idea like Bionicle, LEGO will be like Blocko. Do you know them? They aren’t to popular.

1 Like

I believe I did not explain myself clearly, I apologize. When I mean by “spiritual successor”, I meant that a work --whether it be a comic, show, toy-line, game, etc.-- has heavy influences from its original source. What you gave is an example, but I’m talking about BIONICLE spiritual successors in general. Whether it be fan-made such as Project: Afterman that was shown, or from some brand that many can remember.

1 Like

I am very sory, you don’t need to apologize. But what exactly is Project: Afterman? I realy want to know.

1 Like

As far as I know, it is supposed to a community effort project created by fans of BIONICLE to develop a story that has similar themes and motifs of BIONICLE, but legally different from it. However, only a few people have participated in it, and their end goal is unclear. More details of their story are in the link provided, and if you’re interested you can submit idea over there as well.

1 Like

@AHeavyPyro Thank you! I will it. Thank you!

@TheMoltenKing The sales were OK. If I am wrong, than tell me your opinion!

Edited for Double Post - Waj

1 Like

I saw some of the 2015 Masters in a mall yesterday. It’s not happening, dude.

1 Like

Opinion on what?

@Chilly what ain’t happening?

1 Like

G3 or any type of spiritual successor.

2 Likes

I agree then, the closest we’ll get to a spiritual successor is another constraction theme but it’ll probably be very different

1 Like

Your opinion about the reason why Bionicle G2 is canceled.

2 Likes

There was that thing of the relocation of factories, that’s my main one

1 Like

I have no Idea what Lego intends to do with their next Constraction Line or even if it’s coming personally I’m sure that if Lego DOES release it’s own IP constraction line again two things will happen

1. Lego will have gone back and looked at why Bionicle failed and amend those errors.(Marketing, Budgets, Online and Physical presence for the product etc.)
  2. I’m sure Lego has learned that a constraction line will not sell well without a decently developed story and likeable/relatable characters. (And to be fair that that rule of thumb even applies to their Sytem lines too) and they’ll have gone back and fixed that as well

I also kind of hope Lego will continue improve the building of their CCBS products so that Lego can have a good quality products without having to rely soley on Robotic-looking characters and they can branch out with this system and maybe even have it branch out with other themes like Superheroes (because let’s face the majority of those old one back in the day were quite cringey) and improve other themes like Star Wars, as well as go on to do other things like Dinosaurs, Monsters, Humanoid characters (organic ones) etc.

2 Likes

Hero Factory G2 for life.

3 Likes

Here’s my opinions:

Will LEGO make a Bionicle G3? Heck no.

Will another building toy company make a Bionicle-like product? Many have tried, all have failed (I’m looking at you, NEO Shifters).

Will fans make spiritual successors? They already are, but probably never a for-profit, mass hit franchise.

2 Likes

It’ll probably be a system successor.

1 Like

You see, Star Wars buildable figures pretty well? Why? Well I dont really know, but Im willing to bet it is because people like the characters and of course the story of star wars

1 Like

And also because it’s Star Wars…

1 Like

ma man

1 Like

Yea, I saw that, I’m just saying it’s not even just the story of Star Wars, but the fact that it simply just says “STAR WARS” on the box and is part of that series’ merchandise is a prime factor.

2 Likes