Winged Makuta

I suppose it’s been a while since I posted a MOC, and I’ve had these pictures for a while as well.

This was originally going to be a sort of dragon-human hybrid but it morphed into some sort of female Makuta. I had just purchased the mask off BrickLink and couldn’t figure out what I wanted to do with it until I built this.

Her color scheme is also an accomplishment with this MOC. I haven’t seen a lot of green and red characters floating around so I figured I’d give it a shot and I think this one works pretty well. The dark reds and greens I’ve found compliment each other nicely and I wondered why people hadn’t tried it before (then again, I’m red-green colorblind…).

Something possessed me to want to take the pictures outside but I don’t remember what. I had so much trouble getting her to balance on that tree… that’s why there’s only two pictures - I got frustrated trying to get her to stick with a pose.

Tell me what y’all think, and as usual, I can post break-down photos if you’d like. Thanks for reading!

15 Likes

Ooo, very nice moc. Most of the time it’s hard to pull off a red and green moc, but you did an excellent job here. Man, I have so many photos of Mocs that I just haven’t posted yet, I should that sometime.

3 Likes

I like the use of the Jaller Mahri armour pieces on the wings, nice part usage there

Cool moc

5 Likes

Ah, very nice Makuta moc! Nothing too complex but I quite like how your built the limbs and the wings, and the color combo is pretty cool as well. Neat job

2 Likes

Something about the legs here don’t quite work for me, I think its the knee area being a lil happy (edit: i meant gapy but that and maybe a lil too far down? The wings on the other hand are super distinctive, and strike a neat balance between bat and butterfly. The wings come off as distinctly feminine to me, while still looking threatening. Nice job!

3 Likes

As others have said, the use of the Jaller Mahri chest piece on the wings is very creative. The three colours are balanced really well, too.

3 Likes