Work in Progress

The launchers pieces came in black but I understand lack of parts but I think you could distribute the colors better

Yeah, I couldn’t either,

It looks like your anecdotal evidence disproves everyone else’s points.

10 Likes

Those thighs are extra beefy

What is this?..

That’s not how thighs are shaped. I can prove it because I have those pieces. I haven’t ever seen feet shaped like that. My arms are also more accurately shaped because rather than just being a cylinder they replicate the extra thickness at the ebow joint. My head is better with more believable eyes and a more accurately shaped jaw. The shoulders for females are usually not that thick in terms of depth. The torso is good. And my lower foot design still has the more accurate contour because calves are asymmetrical. I mean if I get criticized for making legs that are too blocky or don’t curve well then you should look at that MOC; the lower leg literally has a sharp turn. Look, I love this guy’s work, because it is really pretty, and I am not trying to attack it, but I would have to say if you’re saying it approximates anatomy better I would have to disagree.
Also if by anecdotal you mean :based on personal observation, case study reports, or random investigations rather than systematic scientific evaluation:
source: Dictionary.com
Then I don’t see how that describes my evidence because I have approached objectively by taking the contour of the actual shape of the moc and showing it to everyone, and then comparing it to the contours of what is generally accepted as female anatomy. This is not simply a personal observation. If the argument you’re making here is that mine does not approximate anatomy as well, then this is my evidence to the contrary. The outlines are there and everyone can see it. I do however understand people’s points that color and such can take away from the shape.

Alright, let’s keep discussion focused on the moc itself. Please don’t make this an argument comparing other Mocs, or claiming your moc is the most accurate anatomy wise.

-Indi

4 Likes

Sorry

I don’t think it’s the color or designs detracting from your argument here.

According to most people who have posted, your design does not portray anatomy as perfectly as you believe it does. Admittedly to allow my own opinion into this, I can’t see it accurately representing any of the actual girls or women I know (and since this includes an entire women’s college, the reference pool is rather large).

I don’t mean to be rude - I outlined that in the first post I made - but you should probably get off the high horse illusion that what you have made is unbeatable. The reference Plural made to Pate’s MOC is completely valid, because not EVERY single female shares an identical appearance. What you have here is a stick figure with a properly shaped torso and twigs for limbs. I won’t argue: It’s a valid body type. But unfortunately for your argument here, it is not the absolute epitome of anatomy that you claim it to be.

I think if you’re so set in steel that this is precisely how you want it, you should probably change the topic name. It’s not a WIP if you refuse to accept the critique offered forth by the community.

I end this with another apology for how harsh this likely sounds. Unfortunately I simply cannot word this any other way and preserve the implications of what I mean to say.

5 Likes

No apology needed. I am blatantly adopting a bad attitude and I’m sorry to all of you have to put up with it. I thought there could be a universal consensus on something as simple as how things look. Cameras don’t lie but the eyes do? I don’t think it’s perfect, or that it’s unbeatable, but that I haven’t seen anything that does it better. I guess the problem is objectivity vs subjectivity and this is hard to reconcile. I’m adopting this attitude because I believe in a degree of objectivity that perhaps does not exist. I wanted to see how far I can make something objective, how far people can see things the way I do. Apparently it isn’t very far and I’m really really confused.

This is not precisely the way I want it. I accept the criticism on the torso. But the legs, I am not changing despite everyone saying it’s skinny. It is my fault for trying to argue with everyone about that because this is totally subjective. I will not back down from my view that it is not skinny but I will not try to convince other people that of that view.

Also, if you notice, the only critique I am not accepting is the critique on the legs. I accepted the critiques about color, the length of the arms, its generic look, and its poseability.

1 Like

I didn’t want to get into this, but I guess I am…

It’s a matter of human perspective. Something can be seen as objective, but the issue here is that everyone’s perceptions are tainted by their own subjective viewpoints. You see your creation as objectively correct from the way you subjectively see form. You said yourself you prefer things like the skinnier legs and such. Other people simply have their own opinions, and it’s okay to share them.

And that’s fine. No one said you had to follow through with everyone’s critique. Your creation is what you make it, and if you like it how it is then that’s how it will be. Other people can offer their opinions, but ultimately we should all accept that it’s in the creator’s hands. Now, that doesn’t mean you should dismiss all critique, and I have seen that you have been open mostly to it, but the final choices are yours to make.

2 Likes

Why are the right and left hand different sizes?

6 Likes

Work in progress. Can’t believe you’re the first one to notice that lol.

Can I ask why you have two pictures side-by-side in the main topic? The first one is a very wide shot that doesn’t accomplish anything that the second closer-in picture accomplishes much better. In fact, I’d say that the first picture (with all the scenery) really detracts from a viewer’s first impression of the MOC. How about removing that first pic and just keeping the second one?

2 Likes

I thought the first one would show the scale and allow people to look at it from far away. I would take better photos but this is still a work in progress so I will bust out a background when it’s done. Also, I will then show the side and back views

1 Like

Good point, though I don’t know if that “scale” shot really has to be the first thing people see. How about just switching the two images around (and adding appropriate spacing between them)? I feel like that would make a big difference.

Thanks for your advice, though these pictures are really bad. I’m just going to take proper pictures when I actually finish the thing. Maybe that will clear up a lot of the differences in perspective here.

This looks stellar , its shaping is superb !!! only complaint is like stoax the launcher pieces are taking away from the hour glass figure , im also not a fan of the Mata Red shoulder pieces as they are way to jagged for a Moc what looks this smooth and flowing :slight_smile: Great Work !!!

1 Like

Thanks for the compliment! Nice to hear something positive. Although I am confused as to why people perceive the launcher pieces as taking away from the hourglass figure. Perhaps you can draw me a picture as to what you mean, comparing what my figure looks like and how you think it should be. That would be very helpful. I can see where \you’re coming from concerning the shoulder pieces. My rational was that they would function as shoulder armor. I know that real shoulders don’t look like that.

I believe the reason people don’t like them (at least the reason I don’t) is because there’s no followup to them. They stand out a lot because they’re silver, and they half-flow into the silver armor on the hips, but it’s not a perfect flow and there’s no continuity to them at the top. I think if they were a more muted color (perhaps gunmetal) and you swapped back to the keetorange you had on earlier versions, it would keep the shape you like but without being distracting from the rest.

1 Like

To add to that, the piece also comes in black.

I think the launcher pieces look great, and add to the hourglass shape, but they stick out more than they have to, seeing how they could be given the same colour as the rest of the torso.