Worst Bionicle Weapons

Have you seen optimus prime using 2 hooks? He can tear a face in two with them, so I would say the hooks are the worst

Tiny katanas, yeah they are small, but who knows? Maybe it can slice things like nothing

3 Likes

The hooks are good for Optimus, but not for Gali. Tahu has a sword, Lewa an axe, Onua claws, Kopaka has a sword and a shield, and Pohatu… yeah!
But why hooks? I have no idea what weapon I would use, but not hooks.

Because she’s the Toa of Water. In the water there are fish. Her hooks are fishing hooks :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

So Gali is the hungry one… Interesting!

Well, all of the 2016 Toa weapons looked meh, (since they were all about the same). Also, what is Pohatu actually going to do with “stormerangs”? And, the original Makuta had the equivalent of a hockey stick.

2 Likes

They can also be used to hook onto rocks to go through strong currents, they pull off masks, and they can disarm enemies and even hurt them.

Interesting note: they’re called “Toa Tools” in BIONICLE canon. They’re not nessecarily weapons. They can be used that way, but they’re tools in the end. Some just have tools specifically for fighting (like Kopaka Mata and other Toa later on).

5 Likes

I’m not sure whether they qualify, but the Krana and the Kraata were really awkward to use, and would turn your Bohrok or Rahkshi into these weird living catapults. I also dislike most glatorian weapons, simply because they feel really thematic, and they’re a bit tricky to work into a MOC, unlike the mostly nondescript swords, axes and staffs we saw earlier in the theme. They kinda feel like compensation for some really basic and not very memorable figures.

4 Likes

I think of it more as a halberd or a naginata style of blade (staff with sword on the end), it’s one of my favourite types of weapon but I’ll agree with you there on stormarangs, how do they actually work??? Are they bladed so they can be used as daggers? They can’t always be guaranteed to return but would it function like captain America’s shield?

1 Like

Canonically, though, Makuta has a “Kohlii Stick of Shadow”.