Would any of you be interested in reviews of mid-2000s Lego?

Looking at the Random Set of the Day on Brickset recently has shown me just how many mid-2000s themes are severely underrepresented with extremely little coverage of their sets, and just generally impossible to find good reviews of in general.

Seeing as this fascinating era of Lego is undoubtedly my favourite, would any of you be interested in me reviewing some of these under appreciated sets?

• Yes, I would be interested in reviews
  • No, I would not be interested in reviews

0 voters

And, if so, which theme would you want to see covered first?

• Mars Mission
  • Exo-Force
  • Power Miners
  • Chima (yes, it isn’t from the 2000s but it’s equally underrepresented)

0 voters

I’ve wanted to something like this for quite a while, so I’m just seeing if anyone would actually want it.

6 Likes

perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

Except Chima whoever voted that should be smote by Ghid.

5 Likes

Oh yes I would be very interested in seeing reviews of the mid-2000s sets, would you just post them on TTV or will you post on YouTube?

1 Like

I’d review them on here. I prefer written reviews in general, as the pictures allow me to get a better look at the sets.

4 Likes

Would it just be you reviewing? Or would consider having some reviewed by others?
(And by others I mean cretins like me)
Also would you review 90s and 80s ranges such as sub-categories of town?

2 Likes

I mean, I’m mainly asking because I have a lot of the sets from the themes in question :stuck_out_tongue:

Though of course, seeing other people’s reviews of sets from around this time, especially from themes I haven’t had much experience with like Aqua Raiders, Space Police III, Agents and Fantasy Castle, would also be very much appreciated.

As for earlier sets, I don’t really have as many, although I’d certainly not be opposed to reviewing some old UFO sets.

2 Likes

Me too :stuck_out_tongue:
During the purges I was forced to sell all my Fantasy era, Vikings and most of my Space Police 3 and Atlantis, but the memories of those sets still remain and I still have plenty from other ranges.

:smirk: Have nearly all of them. So you wouldn’t consider venturing further back into the 90s? Or just keep it at maybe 1999-2013?

3 Likes

The problem is that I just don’t have that much 90s Lego. I’ve got the Slizers, a single small Exploriens set, a single small M-Tron set, Warp Wing Fighter and Alien Avenger, but that’s about it. The only other thing I have is abundant amounts of the 90s “juniorised” Town sets and the absolutely ridiculous 1999 McDonalds sets, but I don’t know how many people would actually want reviews of those.
I also have an extremely large amount of 90s Duplo sets, including a huge collection of railway track, but again, I don’t think anyone would want reviews of those.

Though somehow your post reminded me that I forgot to put Racers, Hockey and Hero Factory in the poll.

2 Likes

I feel like you should just simply review underrepresented original themes in general, regardless of which era they are from.

3 Likes

Thats why I figured others could potentially contribute.

I must tell the world about Divers 1997
Literally a criminally underrated range.

4 Likes

Ah. I misinterpreted what you said before as in both of us reviewing the exact same sets, but that does make a lot more sense and would definitely be very appreciated.

EDIT:
First review is up!

5 Likes