Would You Have Preferred Story Before Sets?

What I mean by that is do you think the sets being designed before the story ever limited you as a writer?

Moreover, if the story was planned out at the same time as the sets were made, working off of and together with each other, do you think that would have improved the story, the sets, or even both?

I know you aren’t necessarily the best person to ask about set quality, since you didn’t work on them, but I’m curious as to your thoughts. As always, thank you for your time and dedication to us, the fans! We really appreciate it.

3 Likes

I actually would say no, I wouldn’t have preferred that. I think it was more important that the set designers be free to design what they felt worked rather than being hampered by a story they had to stick to. At the end of the day, the story existed to sell plastic, not the other way around, so the plastic was more important than the story.

15 Likes

Only goes to show your talent as a writer, in my opinion. Thanks for the response!

3 Likes

I appreciate the compliment, but truth to tell, it was not that different from what I used to do. At one of my old jobs, they used to buy second-rights Hungarian art for our book covers, and then we had to write the book to match the cover.

9 Likes