Xeno Series

Wanted to see if there are any Xeno fans, or if I can convert people to being Xeno fans. The games im talking about are, Xenogears (ps1), Xenosaga trilogy (ps2), and The Xenoblade games (Wii, Wii u, switch). I’ve personally found it to be the closest thing to come to bionicle from a story telling perspective. Wanted to see if people feel the same.

2 Likes

I didn’t even know that Xenogears and Xenosaga existed.

3 Likes

I’ve played them all. Gears and Saga are very interesting because you would never know the future Nintendo ties. Its like, remember that ps1 jrpg made by square were you kill god… its a Nintendo game now. (over simplifying it but whatever)

2 Likes

Yeah I immediately noticed how much the game is like Bionicle. I only ever played Xenoblade 1 though.

That’s like literally every square game though.

4 Likes

Xenoblade 1 is in my opinion the most bionicle.

In the original Japanese’s translation of gears the final bosses name is Yahweh. thats the name of god in I believe Jewish culture. Literally no translator wanted to work on gears due too that reason. The translator was smart in the fact he based the final bosses name of the word Dyēus. So that why the English name is Deus. Also square games aren’t know for killing god. Thats Atlus, creators of smt and persona.

2 Likes

It even mentioned Garan :rofl:

2 Likes

Oh, so I was thinking of enix games. Since they merged, does that count?
specifically the Soul Blazer series really likes their final Boss deities.

1 Like

I’m thinking about picking up xenoblade chronicles

1 Like

Only play dragon quest games from enix. But technically every jrpg final boss is god if you think hard enough.

I strongly recommend you do. Its quickly become my favorite video game series, beating out Pokémon. Xenoblade 1 gives strong bionicle vibes. Its the Japanese convergent evolution version of bionicle.

1 Like

I picked up the OG Xenoblade Chronicles from GameStop about a month ago. Mostly cause I have a friend who’s been pestering me to play the game (well, the Switch version in particular, but I don’t have a Switch and don’t feel like getting one would be worth the investment right now). I’ve only played it twice so far; it’s entertaining but not the kind of game I’m usually into.

3 Likes

Depends how far are you in the game? It does take a bit to start.

Take care not to overlevel yourself - I don’t think I could go back to the Wii version because I’ve gotten far too reliant on the feature to level myself down

2 Likes

Hell even graphicly. Look at monolithsofts previous Xeno game, “Xenosaga episode 3 also sparch Zarathrustra”, For a ps2 game it ws breath taking to me. If i did decide to go with the original on wii I may have felt let down graphicly. DE is my definitive way to play xenoblade 1

1 Like

I’ve been meaning to pick up Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and 2 for a while now; I’ve heard excellent things about them from friends. Just a matter of actually going through the effort of buying them. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

You picked a bad time for 2. Unless you go digital. Xbc2 is around $70 now due to pyra and mythra in smash

3 Likes

Huh, thanks for letting me know. I was actually considering buying it soon, I guess that helps me make the decision. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I have never had the chance to play Gears or Saga, but I love the Xenoblade games. I’ve had 2 for a while and it’s probably my second favorite game of all time, especially when we take Torna into consideration Torna legitimately made Jin and Lora my favorite characters, hands down. I just feel so bad for them. More recently, I also picked up XC:DE, but so far I’ve only gotten to right after you pick up the third party member. So far I love the game, but coming from 2 into 1 the combat takes a lot of getting used to :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Of the xenoblade style games. Hands down Torna is best gameplay wise. But the rest of Xeno. Either xenogears or xenosaga episode 3. Leaning more towards episode 3 due to some mech fighters in gears.

1 Like