Year of Art Challenge Sign-Up

I saw that the TTV cast have been doing an art challenge were they try and post “a piece of art” every day. So i was thinking about starting a similar Challenge but with some fellow message board members. So if your interested in it I’ll will be calling it the year of art challenge.

We’re going to be drawing want ever really you want as long as your actually trying to draw.

Also try and keep somewhat serious please.

So I’ll be making this the the sign up to topic if that’s okay. The challenge starts when me and 7 other members join the challenge or the 20th of January at 9:00am. And it’ll end a year after that.

Also sorry if this is not okay.

Rule one: the challenge is to make a piece of art. And trying to improve your skill as an artist (I just made that part up, it use to be we were only drawing kaiju and robots)

Rule two: If you don’t draw any thing for three days or longer you fail this challenge :scream_cat: .

Rule three: of coarse you are expected to follow the rules of the message boards.

Really that’s it.

The Challenge has begone.

https://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/year-of-art-challenge-the-actaul-challenge-hopfully/17574

1 Like

Sign me up.
This will be fun.
As long as "Art"is allowed…

2 Likes

“Art” is totally allowed.
For a fact “Art” is encouraged.

Cracks knuckles.
Oh, it’s on…

1 Like

I think this sounds like a really fun idea, however I am worried this will easily diverge into a spam topic. We are able to kind of get away with it on our topic because of so few people actually participating, and most of us are taking it seriously.

But depending on how many members decide to enter this challenge and regularly keep up with it I’m not sure I’m okay with this sort of topic standing. We have a limited amount of storage (granted, it’s pretty large now that we’ve upgraded the boards) but I’d rather reserve that space for actual contributions, hard work, and user creations with effort put into them. So if we’re going to let this topic slide I’d like to see more art and less “art”.

I hope my concerns are understood. Perhaps a more centralized focus or theme may make this seem less worrisome? Regardless I’ll let this topic play out and see where it goes.

6 Likes

Perhaps there could be a hard limit on the amount of people who can participate?
And for all my jokes, I actually wanna try to improve over the time of this, thing

1 Like

Hmm yeah you make a good point.

I want the people entering this to take it at least some what seriously.

I think as long as it seems as though there’s a purpose other than “haha memes” it should be fine :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I was actually already planning to do something similar to this, just for myself…

1 Like

That is a great idea.

The challenge will now start after 9 other people join it. I also limited what you can draw in this challenge to.

Hope that helps.

Sorry if it makes any one angry.

i have to a now. see you guy in a few hours.

1 Like

I think I get what your saying.
But to clarify.
Will it be like today is x?
Or a set of guidelines for what not to draw?

A set of guidelines for what not to draw.

As long as it’s a Kaiju or giant robot or both, you can draw it.

I hope that answers your question.

Not really.
Although it’s the fault of my question.
With guidelines I meant, as general rules, for the whole thing…

Kaiju? Robots? KAIJU AND ROBOTS?! But seriously, this is an interesting idea

Yes there will be rule but I’m still figuring them out. I’m going to post them in a few hour or sooner, after I’ve gone over them a few times to make sure everything is covered.

i was not expecting people to respond to this so soon.

Sounds great.
I look forward to them.

Timezones man.
Timezones…

1 Like

I hate timezones, why can’t the world just be flat.

Any back on topic.

1 Like

Rule one: the challenge is to make a piece of art depicting a Kaigu, a giant robot or both (this can included biomechanical robots by the way).

Rule two: If you don’t draw any thing for three days or longer you fail this challenge :fearful:.

Rule three: of coarse you are expected to follow the rules of the message boards.

Really that’s it.

Cool. Also, are there any rounds? And if so, are there specific types of Kaiju and/or robots per round?

1 Like

I may do this later into the year but not right now.