"You know you're a BIONICLE fan when ______"

You think the word “Ko-Koronan” sounds like a decent beer brand name

2 Likes

You name your kids after Bionicle names despite what people think about you.

I feel bad for those kids

3 Likes

Why? I always though Axalara could make for a pretty good girl name…

Dude.
Do not call your girl Axalara.

2 Likes

The character mrs Deagles from Gremlins had a cat named Kopek so I mean why not and the Gremlins take place in the eighties. So you could argue that a human could have a Bionicle name.

Now it depends on the place you come from. I expect to see a girl called Axalara in a Germanic country, or at least I wouldn’t be that surprized, but the name would totally be alien for a Slavic or Latin country.

Then I guess if I ever move to Germany I would not have any problem naming my girl “Axalara” :laughing:

Tho even for the German linguistic basics such a name would be weird.

2 Likes

The only BIONICLE name I could see working as a human name is “Jaller”.[quote=“Tarkur, post:1560, topic:3896”]
had a cat named Kopek
[/quote]
one letter difference notwithstanding, there’s different things that you have to consider between naming cats and humans. With cats you can get away with a lot of stuff, they’re cats, they don’t care. Human names have connotations, some people will make assumptions about one’s race or culture based on them, they could be teased as kids especially if the name too close to another word.

3 Likes

No argument there really. What I meant by it is that if you want to give your kid a Bionicle name you can actually find one or two names that would work. Consequences like those you mentioned from names are going to exist either way and not only for newer or unusual names but also for old or common names and I’ve experienced such things around me before.

1 Like

The only BIONICLE name I could see working as a human name is “Jaller”.

Hahli=Holly

7 Likes

I thought of that too, actually; would still require a good chunk of explanation every time Hahli would meet anyone new.

2 Likes

I went to a pre-party at a friend’s place tonight, and this is what the door to the bathroom looked like:

(Something is weird whenever I post pictures here, just click the pic to see the full image)

Now, for clarification: in swedish “Toa” is short for “Toilet” (Toalett). When I saw the door, this is all I could think of.

7 Likes

You know you are a real Bionicle fan when you write “Toa” with huge letters on your door :laughing:

I should ask her later tonight which Toa is her favorite. Maybe. Later.

Probably not.

2 Likes

Noooo. Do it…

1 Like

Ask her, ask her

Do it.

######Hooray peer pressure!

I did not ask. I have now dissapointed all of the message boards.

I did however forget a bag of chips at another friend’s place, and those are all I want in my life right now.

1 Like