Zaria, the Shamed (version 1.5)

Ok so basically I’ve been a huge fan of bionicle for several years, knowing bits and pieces of the lore but never got into moccing. But recently I discovered stud.io and figured I could do some cool things with that. So here’s my first interpretation of Zaria from The Yesterday Quest.

Some behind the scenes things:

I did the Inika (Piraka?) build because I am a noob at moccing and that’s what I’m most familiar with. Lore wise perhaps the Toa that Zaria imagined when he transformed had a build similar to Lesovikk.
My goal with this moc was to make Zaria as armed as he realistically could be while keeping the build something that Lego would realistically would produce from 2007-2008. Let me know if I succeeded in that or not.

Seeing he’s a former Fe-Matoran, I took the creative liberty of him being part of the design team of the new-gen Midak Skyblaster, hence why he has one. (In hindsight, a Nynrah Ghostblaster would make more sense I suppose.)

I made his Toa Tool a saw which he then put onto a Kanoka Launcher along with a scope. This weapon ultimately serves as both a ranged and melee weapon, allowing Zaria to fill both roles on his own. Due to him constantly being hunted down by the brotherhood, I’d reckon he’d get every weapon he possibly could. (The build on it is simplistic and I need to work on that for the future.)

(Zaria’s Long Range Kanoka-Saw. Inspiration was taken from an old Exo-Force set and that saws are used to cut metal.)

In addition, I gave him the vahki staff because it looked like a pair of calipers, perhaps a pair that he took from his lab and to remind him of his past, yet modifying them to use as yet another weapon.

My thought with the Tryna (By Gavla, big thanks btw) being his mask was a creative liberty meant to imply Zaria looted the mask from the Makuta he killed after it was broken during that battle. Thus not only is he an outcast for breaking the Toa Code, but people are also going to be giving him funny looks for wearing an “immoral” mask. Not neccessarily canon, but also not I guess? (If he wouldn’t be wearing a Tryna, I’d probably give him a Huna or Mahiki for flavor, considering he hid from the Makuta for such a long time.)

The greeblings on the armor bits are meant to represent pieces of his armor that can be removed, remolded,

and used as hand tools or pseudo weapons in a pinch.

And…yeah, that’s about it! Ultimately if the Zaria contest goes through, I hope to be able to enter it. However, my primary goal now is to improve my ability using stud.io and to increase my moccing capacity in general, so I’d really appreciate any constructive criticism you may have as to how I can improve. Thanks for giving this a look and have a good day!

12 Likes

I like the sawblade disc/launcher weapon.

1 Like