Zaria Toa of Iron

Hi everyone. This is my take on the last, possibly, Toa of Iron, Zaria. This was a quick build, but I’m still fairly pleased with him. I always pictured Toa of Iron being squatter like Stone or Earth Toa, given the common nature of these Elements.

Although not the most complex build, there are some more interesting techniques used in his torso and staff construction, but he still fits in with the classic G1 aesthetic.

I do also picture him using a Kakama, because as Pohatu pointed out, Makuta do not have power of speed, and this may have been the edge needed in Zaria’s fateful conflict with the Brotherhood.

Enjoy, and please let me know your thoughts!

29 Likes

Very solid color scheme and I love the weapon!

2 Likes

The parts usage on the staff is so clever! It fits a Toa of iron really well

2 Likes

@Takutanuva @NOTaHFfan

Thanks a lot! The staff is probably my favorite part of the model. Glad you like it!

2 Likes

The color scheme looks pretty good! Also the weapon is great.

1 Like

This is great. I really like the creativity and effort that you put into this. I think that the idea for the mask was also a wise decision and I can’t wait to see more MOCs like this

4 Likes

This is a great Zaria! I may use this design of him in my topic Toa Metru on Bara Magna.
With your permission, of course.
I really like how you made the armor, by the way!

1 Like

Ah! A new guy!
Welcome to the boards!

2 Likes

Thanks, I came here to become part of the bionicle community, but have already spiraled too far down the rabbit hole

5 Likes

@DuneToa By all means, I’d be honored! Let me know if you need more breakdown pictures for him, and I’d be happy to post some.

The squar-ended staff is rad as heck.

1 Like

@Philiam-II Thanks a lot! I’m glad it’s been so well received.

Love the bulkyness of this, suits a toa of iron really well, also that staff design is fantastic

1 Like

@Eilrach Thanks a lot! I’m a bit surprised that it’s been so well received, but pleased!

1 Like

Nuvabooba Zaria
I like the staff, looks sick!

1 Like

@Enbeanie sorry for the late reply. Yeah, I know, I know, but I thought it bulked him out nicely. Thanks for the compliment on the staff!

I’ve always been a fan of the iron element, and you nailed the vibe

1 Like

@EvilLobsterKing Thanks a lot! I’ve always been a fan, too, and it was nice to finally build something corresponding to this element!

1 Like

I really like the build and color scheme here. I remember burnt orange was one of those colors I loved/hated to work with, because I had so relatively few parts in that color compared to others. Really cool to see it applied so smoothly, and of course the staff does look awesome. :slightly_smiling_face:

Not to mention, this guy’s body language says loud and clear that he’s the sort of guy who can sock a Makuta across the jaw and get away with it. Love it!

1 Like

@Wekua Thanks, Wekua! I agree whole-heartedly about the burnt orange. I had the good fortune of acquiring incomplete Gukko and '03 Hewkii a few years back, and I’ve been wondering what to do with those parts until this MOC popped into my mind.

Thanks for the many compliments; I’m glad you like him! While clearly a Toa, his backstory gives him an edge, and I wanted him to kind of look like a bit of a bruiser, as you said, someone who could whoop a Makuta and walk away.

1 Like