Zaria V2, the Driven Toa of Iron that Apparently Wields a Staff

Turns out Zaria wields a staff so I made some adjustments to accommodate for this revelation.

Ta-daa~

I’m a lot happier with his new design. I think his previous shoulder armor design was awkward. I also changed his upper arms to give him more burnt orange pieces, his color balance was a tiny bit off previously.
I couldn’t decide on whether he should have Galva’s Mask of Voidstepping like he did previously or Galva’s Mask of Retrocognition so i chose both :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S
Some few design elements may or may not have been inspired by my SC6 custom character

26 Likes

The staff looks absolutely awesome, quite an interesting design. I would look into extending the upper legs a bit, though, or the lower ones, or both. The proportions seem a bit off, a little closer to Monke than Hero.

4 Likes

What masks are you using

That staff looks very cool.

1 Like

It’s a combination of Galva’s mask of void stepping and retro cognition.

2 Likes

There you go, now that’s a good staff design. It looks like a big metal rod that he could control using his powers. The rest of the moc is similarly great, with nice color blocking and such.

1 Like

Great now I have to change my Zaria weapon… and he looks so nice with the sword lol.

Your staff is nice it looks a lot like the original hilt on my first Zaria Hammer

2 Likes

I really love the silhouette you made for him. The stocky build with lanky arms remind me of knight caricatures. This really helps himself stand out as a character!

1 Like

Question. How exactly did you get those as a 3D file for stud.io

Actually, It seems that I got the idea for my staff from your seeing your hammer’s hilt(without remembering where I actually got it from, as it had been a while since I last looked at it)

So, technically the staff is your design and
I stole :sweat_smile: (Sorry about that)

Considering your amazing hammer and sword designs, I think designing a staff should be a walk in a park for you
I really hope you weren’t planning on repurposing your hammer hilt as a staff cause I already feel bad as is

These masks are available through the Galvapack, which you can download. I believe the pack comes with instructions on how to install it into Stud.io

1 Like

Its no worries I do have an idea I am working and it cetainly incorperates parts of that design, I will post it later today. The issue I am currently having is making the staff big enough to not look like a twig next to him lol

1 Like

I made an edit to make the mask design a little more cohesive.

Original for comparison

5 Likes

correct me if i am wrong, but I believe one of the core contest rules is you cant have a two tone mask with exception of those already existing like the Metru matoran and alike.

1 Like

I think it is allowed.

4 Likes

Ah. Then I’ll need to wait till I get a new computer cause my current one is old and can’t handle the newer programs

1 Like

I also just realized the mask power you have for him… that’s, that’s just torture poor Zaria. Id love to use the The Mask of Scavenging but its considered immoral for a toa, though it would be fitting for him and provide a nice nod to how he survived the massacre when others did not.

3 Likes