Zeddicus, The Toa-Slayer

This is a MOC I made back in 2014, he isn’t together today but I do plan to revamp him soon. Some features include; possible fingers, shoulder canon, and (My favorite part of the MOC.) Midak Skyblasters for lower legs! (Which in all actuality is not a feature, just build.)

Pictures:

Some story elements to him is (He is not part of the actual canon story-line.) that he was corrupted by a Makuta. This Makuta since has not been seen or heard of. Zed now wanders the galaxy in search of Toa, hell-bent to annihilate all of them. Though he does not remember that at one point he was a Toa himself.

Have a nice day!
~Valerix

22 Likes

2014 eh, sees skull spiders, oh…
He’s nice the legs are a bit meh especially around the thighs, that ccbs foot facing outwards makes a really gapy armor piece. The torso is great though.

1 Like

Well the MOC itself was 2014, just added better hands on later when the piece came out. :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the legs yeah, I was really just experimenting, he will be much better when I get around to revamping him. God only knows when that will be. And thankyou

1 Like

Hmm.
He has a swordarm…
I don’t know how to describe that.

1 Like

you used ball launchers as a part of the legs FANTASTIC never seen that done before and I rate this 8/10 for interesting build but lose’s 2 points for color scheme

2 Likes

Color-scheme is a bit Generic, I know. But I still liked the MOC none the less.

I think you mean posable not possible (though it is possible that those are fingers). Posable isn’t a real word but we use it to say something can be posed.
Also using parts in wierd ways definitely counts as a feature. Again, we use a different meaning because it’s generally a shortening of “action feature”. They’d definitely cool looking but it’s clear the knee connection is a bit off centre because of them. I like the feet parts on the side of his legs too.

He’d probably be more stable if you attached something to the back of the heel. You don’t have any foot mass in contact with the ground behind the ankle joint so I can see him toppling backwards easily.

Covering up some of the exposed + rods on his sword would be cool. Maybe with some cone pieces?

I like the use of the Atlantis treasure piece there. The armour pieces work well with it with that circular space they give around it. Adding the horns to the mask was a cool touch, too.

Can we get a back shot?

1 Like

I have never seen Midak Skyblasters used as shins (or any way other than guns) before. That is creative.

1 Like

Very creative uses of pieces. the first picture even makes it seem like he has a more complicated color scheme that he actually does. I don’t think you’re such a pro at photography that you calculated that (the sheet used as a backdrop tells me this), but it the effect created by accident is really cool. Try finding out what made that, and take pictures in the same way when you get around to shooting the revamp.

I love the use of the midak skyblaster pieces, but the blue pins that are sticking out really take away from the overall look of the MOC.

I think the use of Midak Skyblasters as legs is really neat. The torso looks great, it’s smooths and covers itself up well.

My only problem is the blue pins.

The lower torso is a tad thin.

Aye, I appreciate the criticism. The spelling issue is due to lack of sleep. Anyhoo I would love to give you more pictures and stuff but the MOC isn’t together anymore. Just needed something to post. XD

@Leoxandar Why thank you.

Yeah, I was running low on black at the time.

Edited for Double Post - Waj

@Waj finally messed up. =O --John Smith

@John_Smith huh, it looks that way, doesn’t it… oh bby, a triple! - Waj

3 Likes

Wow. Pretty creative, I must say. Although the sword arm is a little odd looking. I think it might help to put more black and dark grey on it, to break up all of the flat silver and make it look more mechanical. I’d definitely be interested in seeing a revamp!