2059: The Dark Reflection

@Toa_Radrix
Gamemark stepped inside the mansion, and headed into the basement level.
There, he came across the wrecked remains of the teleportation machine that The Gamenaster had used 40 years ago.
“Gather the pieces of the machine.” He ordered Hydras.

@meepinater
“Now, would you like to hear my plan?” Simon asked Toxin.

“Hit me with it.” Toxin said, settling back down in his chair.

“This virus, perhaps we could reengineer reintroduce it into the city. Or use it to make super soldiers from the cultists.”

1 Like

“Hmm… I’m listening.” Toxin said, steepling his fingers and leaning forwards.

“The virus has powerful mutation capabilities. However a vaccine already exists for the current version. We’ll need to reengineer it, and I know just what to add…”

“Please do enlighten me.” Toxin replied.

“Those weird russian mutants we encountered, they were in possession of a mind control gas called “project: cobalt”. Perhaps we could engineer the substance onto the virus, which would allow us to better control the mutants.”

“Or…”
Toxin burst into gas, then back into his humanoid form.
“We have our own mind control gas.”

1 Like

“Interesting…” Simon said. “But how could we mass-produce the gas?”

Richard would feel dark thoughts about killing Mark
@Mctoran

Hydras obediently gathered the parts

Once all the parts were gathered, Gamemark sent Hydras through a shadow portal. “I’ll meet you there soon.” He whispered, before teleporting upstairs.

@meepinater
Gamemark suddenly appeared in the room. “Hello Elias. Thank you for providing a distraction for them.” He hissed.
Mark whipped around to face Gamemark.
“Who are you?!” He demanded.
Gamemark only cackled in response.
“Can’t you see?” He said as he grabbed Elias.
“I’m your shadow.”
Suddenly, Sadie burst into the room, shooting shadow spikes at Gamemark. Gamemark caught one of the spikes, and literally crushed it to dust in his hand. “So, this is what this world’s Sadie is like. I must say I am quite disappointed.” He remarked, as Shade appeared nearby and grabbed Sadie.
“She’s pathetic.” She spat as she held Sadie. “She must have gone soft from having a family. But don’t worry, we’ll soon change that.”

Mark broke into a charge at the evil doppelgangers, but they disappeared into the shadows before Mark could get to them in time. Mark cursed as he hit the wall.

“…okay. what just happened?!” Richard bewhilderedly asked.

@Jcton
Tempest, Resonate and Xano, wherever they were, would receive a strange signal, warning of incoming energy signatures. It seemed to be the readings of Xalnergy.

“Get a jar, or something with a lid.” Toxin instructed.
“I haven’t done this in a long time, and for a good reason, too.” He said to himself aloud.

Caesar struggled to his feet yet again, after getting knocked down into a glade.
“You’re quite the treat to knock around, kid!”
‘Diero’ stalked toward Caesar, an energy blast ready in his hand.
“Would you just stop quoting anime and fight me?”
“Ah, but you know it fits this situation!” ‘Diero’ continued approaching, the blast in his hand growing larger.
“Sadly, it seems this universe isn’t all it was cracked up to be. Goodbye, Diero!”
‘Diero’ charged forward.
"Hamon!’

Vines leapt out from the trees above Caesar, trapping ‘Diero’ where he stood. Almost immediately Caesar unleashed a flurry of high-speed punches and sent his attacker flying.
“I’m sure you know how Hamon works, so I won’t explain what just happened. Now if you know what’s good for you, you’ll leave now.”
‘Diero’ groaned and rolled over. He started sitting up, his helmet shattered.
“You know what, I’ll take you up on that.” He turned to face Caesar, revealing his face. Caesar is speechless for a moment.
“Who are you?! How do you have my face!”
“Sorry, no more questions,” ‘Diero’ fired a line out into the trees.
“You are the one who told me to leave!” And with that, he was gone.
Caesar stands there for a moment, then deactivates his suit.
“Where can I go for help now?”

(Another long post sorry)

1 Like

Simon nodded, reluctantly opening the lid of a jar and facing it towards Toxin.

Toxin burst into gas, and let a small section of the cloud flow into the jar.
“Cap it!”

Simon slammed the lid onto the jar as quickly as he could.
“Now what?”

Toxin reformed, collapsing on the ground. His right hand was missing.
“That hurts a lot more than I recalled it would.” He said.
“Get the chemical formula for the gas, then make more. Once you do that, I’d like to have some… I want to regrow this thing quickly.”
He waved the arm stump.

1 Like

Simon nodded, sending for several Plague Doctors to take the captured has cloud to the lab.

OOC: it’s alright if posts are long Diero, he who must not be named did some great long posts!

IC:
Oliver taught his brother what he called ‘the art of flirting’ (though he skipped our a few steps, he didn’t want his brother being more popular than he was), fished their passports and entered the plane (Oliver seemed displeased Molly had brought an ‘I heart Bruce Morgan’ ■■■■■ at the gift shop, she told him that if they were ‘borrowing’ his plane the least they could do was this, Oliver was mostly quiet after that, busy fiddling on his phone)
“Oliver!” Molly smirked “Oliver, Oliver!”
“What!” Oliver moaned
“Remember when we first met?” She asked
“When you bullied Megan Carter?” Oliver sighed
“Oh…” Molly paused “You know I regret that, right?”
“Still did it!” Oliver muttered
“Why do you care?” Molly asks “Megan stopped caring ages ago!”
“Yet you haven’t changed one bit!”
“You never were like this before!” Molly cried “You were my only friend!”
“Well I guess now you have no one!” Oliver jeered “Must suck to be you!”
“YOU DONT DESERVE TO BE A COMMISSIONER!” Molly yelled
“YOU PROBABLY GOT YOUR PARENTS TO LET YOU JOIN THE FORCE!”
“SCREW YOU OLIVER, SCREW YOU!”

Suddenly the plane was shot and crashed over the Amazon rainforest

Oliver woke up in a tribal bed
“Thanks god your awake!” A mansighed “I was afraid that the black claw would catch you!”
“Where am I?” Oliver asked
“Our village!”
“Where’s Molly?”
“You were the only one there…” the man sighed “who is this Molly?”
“She’s my friend, well, was…” Oliver sighed
“The black claw leader wishes for a wife to bear his child, perhaps he has found one in your Molly…”
“I highly doubt she’d associate herself with terrorists…” Oliver smirked
“Their leader doesn’t accept refusal…” the man said