A concern of mine regarding how the rules apply (or, rather, don't apply) to the cast members

Do you really think the cast members would do that? They seem like pretty great people and wouldn’t do that to their fans.

1 Like

First of all, just a friendly reminder that political discussion generally isn’t permitted on the Boards.

As for your inquiry, please understand that you won’t be banned for asking a question. We don’t ban users just because they’re too nosy. We ban users because they intentionally provoke cast members or other users and attempt to get a rise out of them or because they repeatedly post off-topic or inappropriate content that has no place on a site based around childrens’ toys.

That being said, you must understand that the Boards are not a democracy. Board members are not a “population” in the traditional sense because everyone decided to be here. You took the time to sign up for the Boards by your own free will, and nobody’s forcing you to stay if you feel the rules are unjust. That’s completely your choice. Yes, the cast members wield a comparatively huge amount of power, but that’s because they created this website and are paying out of pocket to run it. They decided to create a community where they can interact with fans. Over time the Boards have evolved into something more then that but at the end of the day it’s still Kahi and Var that pay for the servers.

In conclusion, please understand that we don’t want you to leave just because you asked a question. It’s awesome to talk with fellow BIONICLE fans, the more we are the better. But if you’re not comfortable with how the Boards are run, feel free to join another LEGO forum instead. Happy Boarding!

Indeed. The TTV cast has built a community here. The last thing they would want to do is destroy it by breaking rules on a whim.

19 Likes

Indeed it isn’t. However, similar comparisons have been made in the past and resulted in discussions that have degenerated into borderline hate speech. You’re comment wasn’t meant to spawn a discussion (which is why I left it up) but it could lead to something ugly (which is why I’m giving you a friendly warning).

I apologize for how my previous post may have appeared (tone is incredibly hard to convey on the internet). I believe that a TTV cast member will be much better suited to talk to you about this issue then I am. I recommend awaiting a response from one of them.

Can you provide examples of users that were unjustly banned?

6 Likes

I hate to say it but often we members are not right. Often the cast will step in to put a topic back in order or take care of a situation the mods have trouble with. I have seen a good portion of activity here and usually that was a cast member going out of their way to point out something against board rules.

Yes as you say theory =/= practice but thats why you get the glorious thing called free choice. It may not be advertised but the boards are in competition with every other form of entertainment you can find. Because of that it is in everyone’s best interest to give folk a reason to be here. At the same time though, we can’t cater to one member at the expense of other users.

I feel the need to bring in a real life example. When a crime occurs a police officer can sometimes get permission to fudge some rules on a case by case basis. They do this so that order can be maintained.

Oh and to build off of what our mod @legomaster1378 said mentioning something slightly political is not off-limits but it COULD lead to something that is. In general when I post something that leans towards a banned topic I use a disclaimer like:

This post was not intended to spawn a religious/political discussion it was said to make a point.

I apologize @legomaster1378 if I acted like a vigilante there.

4 Likes

all of ttv are evil bullies and dont just break rules they break peoples backs too

On a serious note, this isnt much of a concern,

12 Likes

Honestly, I’m not fully aware of either of these situations. If you feel like an injustice has been committed, please take it up with the Mod/Cast Member in question via PM.

That shouldn’t happen. Masters are the top contributors to our Boards but they do not have the authority to play Mod. Again, it’s something I recommend you take up with the Master in question privately.

7 Likes

A joke that he found rude regardless, I think it’s pretty much clear that if somene finds a comment of yours offensive you should not argue about how it isn’t if they will find it offensive anyways.

Anyway as far as your concerns go, most of them have been justified as far as I know.

Anyway not my responsability, I think it’s better to wait for a cast member

4 Likes

Here on the boards we have a thing called /s we put it in when we say something that we do not mean. If you don’t use it, anything you say can be misinterpreted. The :laughing: may even be seen as you being happy to say something at another’s expense. I’m not saying that you did it maliciously but unless you make it very clear we don’t know what you mean.

3 Likes

I feel this would be relevant.

7 Likes

Your intentions might not have been bad, but he found that your post was rude to him and coukd become an annoyance in the future.
Seriously thoguh, he did listen and provided poitns as to why he didn’t like your post regardless.

1 Like

Then @Apophyx I recommend you use this quote to make that master listen.

3 Likes

The Cast do whatever they want.
I have found it is something you just have to accept it, and move on with your existence, however insignificant it is to them.

3 Likes

Again, it’s not a situation I was informed of. That being said, it’s not a topic that’s relevant to the discussion at hand.

Since no cast members have showed up yet, here’s a quote from Var about similar issue that popped up in the last 24 hours (keep in mind that this is a quote taken out of context. Please read Var’s entire post in the original topic if you wish to understand the backstory behind this):

(Quoted from:)

6 Likes