AG3 [Another Generation Three]

A’aight, that’s fine.
Might I ask which ones are underpowered?

I mean, that’s basically what g1 did, give the toa different mask powers, weapons and fighting styles, as well as facing different opponents, they all used their elemental abilities differently.

I’m advocating mask powers, they’re the best way to implement additional powers for a number of reasons.

Aside from the Mata/Nuva, they rarely used elements at all.

Fair point, but you have to agree that made their power sets distinct because of the reduced focus on their elements, letting their masks and weapons differentiate their powers.
I’m suggesting the toa be different, in regards to power sets, in how they fight and solve problems, rather than having their elemental abilities be drastically different.

To be fair, the air blades sound cool, though incredibly op.

Eh, alright. Though as any Toa could wear any mask…
Well, alright. Back to the drawing board then.

Aw, come on, they were my favorite…

In regards to g3 as a toyline, masks should be collectables,
however just because any toa can use any mask or toa tool/weapon, doesn’t mean they wouldn’t have preferences and by extent strengths that they’d stick to.

I just imagine the toa of air pulling a [STRAY CAT] and blowing holes in opponents from 50 yards with invisible air projectiles, it’s just really overpowered in the bionicle universe.

Edit:
I was brainstorming possible mask powers based on the abilities, what about a mask that creates elemental armor using the toa’s elemental energy (not unlike the magic armor in wind waker),
unlike the hau it would coat the wearer in elemental armor that would reduce damage while still allowing free movement, whereas the hypothetical hau would only create a stationary force field for a short time.
To keep the power from being ridiculous, it uses massive amounts of energy, and the wearer cannot use their elemental abilities regularly while in use.
Thoughts?

2 Likes

All right, this is cool.

1 Like

I’ll come up with some Toa designs tomorrow.

3 Likes

Mind if I run some ideas past? Like mask designs, general aesthetic, weapons and unique items and such. I have ideas.

Also has it been decided if we’re going with system?
I’m actually in favor of it, I feel it could create something amazing, though I’d still be open to ultra builds as supplementary.

A map detailing the height levels on the island.

A map detailing the underground settlement and caverns of Onu.

Updated island map.

Basic storyline and character for the Toa of Stone has been established.

Mask designs have to be physically capable out of existing LEGO pieces (i.e. one of the designers can literally put it into a MOC if need be). If you can find ways to edit existing masks to fit your ideas (i.e. attaching other LEGO pieces in unorthodox fashions) then that is valid as well. General aesthetic has to fit a tech-tribal feel like G1 established, although more unique ideas will work as well as long as they are coherent.

Still really not feeling the island, the onu-wahi just looks so weird and overbearing on the island,
and the shoreline is odd, mostly ga-wahi bay and how po-wahi has a sort of bulbous shape.

So, what, the masks have to be made of actual parts? That seems really limiting for mask designs.
I don’t really see a good reason for this.

The reason is because we want this to be something anyone can construct themselves without having to spend lots of money on something like Shapeways just for one mask. So that anyone can pick up the ideas put into this and literally build it themselves, not continuously hope for the pieces required to magically exist.

Most people would have to bricklink the parts anyway, I don’t really think that’s a good reason, if someone wanted the custom parts that badly someone could make papercraft of them.
And if anything was system it wouldn’t matter anyway.

Can you post the description of the Toa of stone?

I’m working on the air toa right now, and I want to make sure I don’t break continuity with the other bio.

Name: Not Assigned
Personality: Vicious, cold, cruel. Part of a secret organization. Drafted into becoming a Toa against his will. Antagonistic and pessimistic about almost everything. When pressed against the wall, will fight to the death to protect anyone with him, like them or not.

Powers are a little irrelevant currently, as character is what makes the, um, character.

our hero ladies and gentlemen.

Onewa?

You wrote an evil Onewa.
This isn’t exactly the direction I was expecting.

A’right!
Evil Onewa, huh?
Sounds cool to me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Placeholder name: Kamui
Personality: Calm and self assured, almost to the point of arrogance. Not exactly rude, just knows he’s better than you. Still, that doesn’t stop him from having a good sense of humor, and he laughs at no one more readily than himself.
Weapons/Battle style: A master swordsman. He has one sword, which he affectionately refers to as the Vallway (blessed wind). It’s a rapier carved from a very sturdy green crystal, and is so thin that when he holds it still, you can hardly see it. His sword instructor taught him to mold his wind energy around it, giving it enhanced reach, among other things.

Backstory: I’ll hold off on this for a little bit, as I’m still thinking about the Le-region, but it is coming.

@Payinku
Does this work as a compromise? Still has the concept of a wind blade, but not n early as OP.

I just want you to know that this description, in its entirely, won’t be approved as the description for the Le-Toa. However I do like the concepts brought up in this and it will be used as a main source material for designing the character. Thanks for the draft! :smile:

More information regarding the different regions should be coming out soon. IRL-stuff is very unforgiving.

1 Like

I feel ya.

Not sure that fits the tribal theme, though using their elements through their weapons is an interesting concept that while it has been done to an extent previously, could certainly be expanded upon.

Also I’d like to put forth a point, the description of the toa of stone seems to be far more suitable for a toa of ice, in fact I suggest a toa of ice, male or female, with that description would ultimately be better.