Ahkmou Toa of Shadow and Rahkshi of Silence

http://orig04.deviantart.net/8f01/f/2015/128/9/3/ahkmou_toa_of_shadow_and_rahkshii_of_silence_by_mate397-d8sl7ab.jpg

During his travels Takanuva has seen many strange worlds and old friends along with foes, but one was very different from most of those encounters. He once arrived in a world where he was greeted by unfamiliar Toa, yet his voice was familiar and in his company he had a Rahkshi with him, it was the one that utilized silence as it’s weapon. The unknown Toa had a staff as a weapon one that had Makuta written all over it. “You don’t recognize me Takua?” the shady Toa asked in a mocking tone while his Rahkshi was moving into position. “Have we met before?” the Toa of Light asked, he asked a little confused after all what he has seen, he can’t tell who this could possibly be. “Vakama must have mentioned me or someone else perhaps.” he said as he tightened his grip on his staff. Takanuva didn’t recall any Toa that looked like him, unless it wasn’t a Toa back then “Ahkmou?” he asked, not believing it, but he had no better guess. “And we have a winner!” he laughed, mocking him a bit more. “Now Toa of Light, kneel before the Shadows of Makuta or perish!”

Now before people start going for the comment section about the color, hear me out first. Since there was an Ahkmou Toa of Shadow planned as an actual set in 2008-ish which got cancelled for one reason or another, I thought I try my interpretation of the traitor Matoran. Now, since the Toa of Light is bright, shiny and gold it would make sense to make the Toa of Shadow be it’s near photonegative, dark and shady. As for the mask, I wanted to seem more Makuta-like (I mean look at Onua Mistika’s Pakari, it totally looks like a prototype for the '03 Makuta). As for the Rahkshi I wanted to make him feel more like an assassin, since it uses silence, it would make it a perfect killer, and a staff weapon wouldn’t be too good of a choice, so I gave him tonfas to use. The spikes on the back are supposed to be antennas that nullify all sound so the Rahkshi can do it’s mission.

Ahkmou:

Rahkshii:

27 Likes

These guys are pretty decent Mate. Though Ahkmou’s shoulders could use a little work to fill them up and the rahkshi could possibly a bit taller. Otherwise I give these guys a 8/10. Would It be alright if I use Ahkmou’s lower arm if credit is given?

1 Like

Must…resist…
Come on man, you can do it!
Must…not…correct…spelling…
Keep it together, man.
I’m…not…strong…enough…
Yes you are! You can so this!
…Rahkshi only has one “i” in it!

• slaps hand over mouth *
    [sigh] And I had such faith in you…
    Sorry…

Ok, for realsies, this is a really nice set of MOCs. The only thing I can think of that I would change is to make the Rahkshi taller and a bit spindlier, with perhaps something on its shoulders.

9 Likes

Ahkmou’s shoulders should be up there more. His eyes should match his staff.

You should probably fix all the red axles on that big Takanuva you got there.
/s

Is there something we don’t know about Takanuva? :neutral_face:

2 Likes

I was typing it while being a little sleepy, guess I didn’t notice x.x

1 Like

ok, so, canon issue: Toa of Shadow always have two elements, similar to how the Toa Inika had their elements infused with lightning. This is because there are no natural Kra-Matoran. So there should be some brown on Ahkmou.

3 Likes

Did the Inika actually have a little influence over electricity? Or was it fused their element, like Electro-Fire, or something like that?

Fused into their element, the same way a toa of shadow would have shadow infused with their element

I never knew that. That makes the Inika my favorite team even more!

I like that Ahkmou is large but still appears toa-ish. His proportions are a bit blocky, but it works.

Sure you can use it, I’m curious what you’re planning to make

I’m actually going to use it as an upper leg to fit with a character I am revamping.

I’m sorry, I know you have reasoning behind using the pakari, but that does not look like ahkmou to me.

2 Likes

I like these guys! The Rahkshi’s tonfas could be a bit larger though IMO.

And you might wanna be careful with how much you use that TECHNIC block piece. It goes with the HF blocky shoulder add-ons very well, but there’s so many of them on Ahkmou that it’s borderline distracting.

honestly, just give the rahkshi black rahkshi feet, those custom ones don’t look right.

also, you should flip the arms to give them more rahkshi like proportions, remove the friction adders on the hands and swap the size 1 bone for size 2 and I think it will look better.

the body is near perfection, the spikes are a little iffy.

1 Like

Holy beans that is a good Rakshi! 10/10
Ahkmou is also good, but could use some brown.

I admit I didn’t know about the two power fusion part, and as I said, my interpretation was supposed to be a “photo-negative” of Takanuva, I didn’t intend to design the “exact” lore look, I wanted to make an alternate-dimension version of Ahkmou.

Just a bit of critisism, the rahkshi of silence is actually black with a grey body in true canon. I would recomend making it something like shadow that doesn’t actually exist.

1 Like

Dude. This is two years old.

I never look at the date. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes