Ahkmou's Desert Sailor [Worldbuilding] [Mocs]

I know this is kind of late, but about a week ago there was a lot of discussion about some desert pirates led by Ahkmou, so I decided to try and Moc up a set for it. No, this is not an entry for the Brickonicle contest as I am perfectly aware that ended weeks ago.

I am not a MOCist by any means and there are lot’s of parts I’m not completely satisfied with (namely Pekka’s hut) so I appreciate any constructive critisism. So, without further ado…

New from Lego Bionicle

You can build Ahkmou’s Desert Sailor, and search for the key to awakening the Makuta!

Fire the cannons!

Turn the Captain’s chair!

Open the secret back compartment to reveal their plunder!

Slides smoothly across most surfaces thanks to clear rounded base contact points!

Pekka’s hut has a custon Kakama sticker! (Sorry Var if I’m not supposed to use that, I can switch it out for a G1 Kakama.)

The wall has a custom sandstone texture sticker!

You can fight off the pirates with the catapult!

Door opens vertically! (for some reason?)

Inside Pekka’s hut! (You can also position Pekka with the catapult.)

Chest with tribal wall design!

Open the chest to reveal the mysterious key to reviving Makuta!

The Sailor from some other angles!

And lastly, the minifigures!

I decided not to use any prints or helmets, and to just show the colour scheme so you can fill in the blanks yourself. From left to right we have:

Pekka:

Pekka is the leader of a small village in the Motara region and has the mysterious key to awakening Makuta. Not sure about the hammer, though.

Orkahm:

Orkahm is a member of the Brotherhood of Makuta. Although he hails from the air region, he works as a pirate on Ahkmou’s ship. The clear pieces he wields are meant to represent air small bits of air powers.

Lariska:

From Motara, she serves as first mate on Ahkmou’s ship. Her accessory is a compass used to navigate the desert.

Ahkmou:

Captain of the ship and leader of the Brotherhood of Makuta, Ahkmou hails from Motara and will stop at nothing to awaken the Lord of Shadow. He weilds a functioning disk launcher.

Be sure to let me know what you guys think and maybe what I should make next. Thanks for checking it out.

-Eban.

30 Likes

I feel like there are too many exposed studs, otherwise this looks really good.

2 Likes

This is seriously well detailed; I feel like this holds a really strong early 2000’s vibe, in the sense that it uses a decent amount of fabric and stylized printing. Personally, I’d love to see this as a set, assuming that you cleaned up and streamlined the upper back of the ship a bit.

1 Like

Does Ahkmou still deal in comets?

2 Likes

I’ll try adding some tiles to give it a sleeker look.[quote=“Azani, post:3, topic:35385, full:true”]
This is seriously well detailed; I feel like this holds a really strong early 2000’s vibe, in the sense that it uses a decent amount of fabric and stylized printing. Personally, I’d love to see this as a set, assuming that you cleaned up and streamlined the upper back of the ship a bit.
[/quote]

Thanks. I initially wanted the sail to be tan, but I only had a black one. Also I agree that the back feels a bit empty, lacking any real energy and life.

Maybe he can have special infected cannonballs that he dubs “Comets.”

-Eban.

1 Like

I get the weirdest “waterworld (movie)” flash backs

1 Like