Altair's Mixels MOCs: Desert Wanderer

This is my most recent creation for my little Mixels 6 set combinations project!
This guy can be made using the following characters

As with all the others (I may post some of them in the future) he doesn’t have a specific name, but he’s a desert scavenger and wanderer, who wakes up every morning with his brick separator and starts looking for old, rusty parts, to sell them in one of the nearby markets (so basically like a Mixel version of Rey from star wars).

His red flag is really useful for keeping track of where he has already been in huge structures and generally helps him to be noticed in the desert.

the two workers together.

And now some “informative” shots.

Front.

Side (again).

Back.

The wing pieces aren’t supposed to be actual wings, and are just there for additional coverage and detail.

A look at the inner build, and finally a head closeup (sorry for the bits of dust).

As you may have noticed, the eyes and the smokestacks/nostrils are at an angle, while the teeth are upside down. Here’s how I managed to get these shapes. The build is a little strange, but it’s generally fairly sturdy, but that may depend on the amount of stud friction your parts have.

If you want to see the full instructions for the creation, just ask and I’ll upload them as soon as I can.

Now, if some of the things in the MOC seem a little strange or awkward, keep in mind that I had to work only with the parts from the sets I mentioned above (which are not all that many, or aren’t always useful), especially in the arms. Those are the extra parts, which aren’t very useful for improving the look of the character.

There you go! Comments are welcomed!

72 Likes

I tlooks just super cool. I like the head
especially.

1 Like

This is awesome. I too have been experimenting with Mixels after stumbling across them recently. Although I’ve not come close to how cool yours is.

2 Likes

Thanks. I always start with the head of my creations, since it’s the core that brings character and charm to the MOC. The smokestack nostrils was something I wanted to incorporate in a MOC for a long time.

1 Like

Nice!

1 Like

Awesome, I love the way you used those smokestack pieces.

1 Like

Super cool, I really like the concept and execution. 9/10.

1 Like

Junk Dragon! ITS ADORABLE.

1 Like

I love this!

I’m quite the sucker for steampunk elements so… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

This is great, especially for the parts you had to work with!

1 Like

Impressive work. that head is pretty glorious, really portrays emotion.

1 Like

Very cool Mixel.
The limbs are a bit scrawny, but you can’t do anything about it.
The back is glorious.

Yep, you cannot imagine how frustrating it was to pull off decent looking arms!
The short legs are sort of intentional though.

1 Like

It appears rather brutish, but quite impressive.

Looks a lot better than any official mixels set.

Thanks. Unfortunately it’s a little flimsy in some portions so the sets win for sturdiness.

Nice concept of building.

1 Like

Freakin EPIC for the parts available!

1 Like

Excellent MOC. The head is genius.

I understand “using only parts from these sets”: I do that a lot when I build with System.

3 Likes

It’s great, you should keep going with this theme. I would love to have instructions for this.

1 Like