Arcana: the downfall

Tortwig replied in kind, spinning the glaive in a large, figure 8 shape. When Oliver stepped in, she stepped to his side and sliced towards the man’s neck.

“you threaten my team and I will not stand for it.”
OOC: to clarify, it didn’t nullify the blades ablities, but the blood will reset each time it clashes the godkiller

1 Like

He stepped back with one foot and blocked it away with his blade, then started at her throat with the blade, wary of Oliver.
“They threaten me. I just want what was ours to begin with. That includes the old man.”

“no.”

With Oliver entering the fight, Edward felt more confident in facing the attacker directly. He told Melissa to stay put, and went to stand with the others.

“The old man is out of the question. He’s family, and you’re not getting him.”

Tortwig stepped back and stumbled, then regained her footing. She continued having a hard time breathing, both out of anger and pain.
“You… Not… Getting… Him…” She slowly said, stumbling over the words.

Saras, who’d been standing somewhat nearby, both out of shock and respecting wishes, felt himself move forwards as well. “Leave them out of this. I’m the one you’re after.” Saras said. He drew his blade and pointed it at the man. “I challenge you to a duel. No funny business with Bloodstream’s abilities, just you versus me, sword and shield duel.”

The man pulled his blade away from Tortwig, facing Saras. “If I win, I get the Hook of Azarana back, along with your head.” He said.

“And if I win, you leave.” Saras replies. “Deal?”

The other man smirks. “Deal, if your friends here don’t mind.”

“Oh, and one more thing.” Saras continues.

“What?”

“No using the Mark of the Azarana, either. I want a fair fight.”

“Then why not use yours as well?”

Saras rolls up his sleeve to show his scar. “That’s why.”

The other man chuckles and sighs. “Fine then.”

Tortwig took a deep, rattling breath, the turned, stumbled, and fell, hitting her head on the ground and falling unconscious from her wounds and exhaustion.
Quadro continued protecting Duo’s body.

Frostvin watched Saras warily. “You sure about this?”

“No way. Too risky. You’re a part of this team for a reason.”

Edward gave a glance back to Alpha and Beta. The two droids ran to Tortwig’s side and pulled her to safety.

1 Like

“I have a bad feeling about this.”

He nods, then turns to Edward. “Then shouldn’t I be able to hold my own here?” He asks. He detaches the Hook of Azarana from its resting place on his back and hands it to Edward. “Take care of this. If I lose, though, you have to give it to him. I want my honor intact if I should die.” He says before turning back to the man. “Which I won’t.”

The two faced each other in a open area, both with sword and shield ready.

1 Like

Frostvin nodded back and stepped back.
He walked over next to Oliver. “If the bad dude wins, I call dibs on killing him.”

Edward picked up the hook, visibly worried.

Frostvin walked to the cart and sat in it to watch the fight.

Edward didn’t move from his spot. After all Saras had done for him, he refused to be anywhere but behind him.

1 Like

The glow on the man’s arm faded to nothing, and he staggered very slightly, almost unnoticeable.

The two men drew their weapons up. Saras held his blade straight out front, shield at his torso as he stood almost sideways, while the other held his shield out front, blade of the sword resting on the top of it. They circled around each other.

Saras was the first to attack. He came in with a slash to the legs, which the man blocked with his shield. Saras used the opening to try and shield bash the man’s torso, but he used Bloodstream to reach over and stab at Saras’ head. He turned his head so that it glanced off his helmet and jumped back right out of range. They go back to circling around each other again.

Edward watched nervously with baited breath.

Beta went to go keep Melissa company while the fight went on. And after a fair amount of encouragement and protest, Alpha joined him.

Frostvin watched the battle tentatively, silently rooting for Saras.
Quadro carried Duo over to Tortwig and sat down, protecting his creator and friend.

Oliver watched the fight

Saras comes in again. He slams his shield into that of the other man, raising it up as well to keep the blade away from himself, then comes in with a stab in to the side, which the other man barely dodges, it scraping against his armor as he backs away, leaving an opening. Saras takes it and stabs inwards, but the other man parries his strike, coming at Saras’ neck with his blade. Saras goes to the outside of the blade, which then comes slicing at his neck. He then ducks and goes backwards, going on the defensive while the other man starts slashing at him. Saras blocks many of the strikes with his shield, but a few do get dangerously close to his armor and, more importantly, skin, one even just barely cutting into his right arm.

3 Likes