Arcana: the downfall

Frostvin replied, “and why should I trust you? You seem to hate magic as much as you dislike the Gods. who’s to say you won’t stab us all in the back?”

“Yes. I followed the sun here. No, he nagged me. Like he always does. The only difference is that I decided to listen this time.”

“My emotion was simply an act. I was performing an experiment trying to see how easily magic users are agitated by the thought of change. And I would never harm you. You’re all much more valuable alive.”

A beam of light hit right next to alpha

1 Like

“Glad to hear you’re listening big guy!”
Edward said, seemingly to no one in particular.

Alpha jumped and ran to Edward.

Frosting formed a large, spiky ball of ice in his hand, which dropped from an icy chain. “I am not an experiment. Not am I to be experimented on. Doing so will result in death for you.”

“See. Right there. I have made no threat to you, but you threaten me. I have concluded my experiment. I have my results. You can drop your weapon.”

1 Like

“I hate to say it but the heathen has a point.”

1 Like

“You all might find this hard to believe, but I don’t mean anyone here any harm. I only wish to better myself and others with a more reliable form of energy. I’m not threatening or attacking you because you use magic, so I don’t see why you should threaten me for using electricity.”

“why not explore the city until dawn? The cool air with sooth the hot heads before the journey.”

“What exactly is the plan again? Travel all the way back to the west kingdom and see what’s going on? I practically live on the border. It would have been more practical to meet closer to there.”

“Yotoko has plentiful resources, and isn’t on the verge of war.”

"Seems reasonable enough. Though on the way back I think we should make a stop at my laboratory. It’s not too far out of the way, and it would rather useful to us.’

Oliver cupped his hand to his ear for a moment, “…sure,” he said putting it down

The spikes ball falls into pieces, and Frostvin relaxes. “Oliver has a point. Let’s cool off.”
The frost mage blasts his head with ice, encasing it completely.

“that’s not what I meant.”

1 Like

Edward walked to the ice mage on four mechanical legs. His regular legs were crossed like he was sitting down. He then tapped the ice block with one of two remaining appendages.

“Interesting. Do you do this often?”

“Mmmmf mf mmm mmmmmf”

Edward pulls out his recording device again.
“Data Log 305 dash 1. One of the magical beings has encased its entire head in ice. I have yet to conclude whether this is behaving normal for the species or just the individual.”

1 Like

“you know we have names, right?”

The ice proceeds to crack and fall off Frostvin’s head.