Arcana: the downfall

Oliver began counting on his fingers, “supplies, safe passage to Nordum, map of the mountains, rest, etc.”

1 Like

“I doubt they were actually for Winterfall,” Jeromy added.

Edward grumbled for a moment.
“Alright, fine. We’ll go through the capital. As long as we see the dragon I’m happy.”

“Local rumors.” Saras adds. “I want to see if anything else strange has been happening nearby.”

“indeed.”

Soon afterwards they could see a black and silver metropolis within the mountains in the distance, but, more significantly there was a fortified town directly ahead

“If I ever go to hell I bet it’ll look a lot like this.”
Edward said looking at the military fortifications.

“I’d imagine more burning,” notes Oliver

“I’ve frequently found myself at odds with military, and law enforcement in general. Often my methods of collecting information are viewed as ‘intrusive’ and ‘unethical’. Worst of all, they’re boring. All they spout on about protocol and procedure, and never take risks unless someone else tells them to.”

Oliver simply rolled his eyes in response

“Don’t sass me magic man. Someone in this world needs to push the envelope of discovery wherever possible. And that’s exactly what I intend to do.”

Isadau looks ahead. “Closing in on home.” He says.

As they neared the gates Oliver stopped the cart, as a soldier walked out, “alright, any forms of identification?” He asked, “we don’t just let anyone in Barrier .” To which Oliver began searching for something in his coat

Saras stays in the back of the cart, keeping his helmet off and putting his blanket over his body to hide his armor, just in case.

Isadau watches the interaction in an aloof manner.

Oliver hands the officer a paper, before said officer took a moment to read it over. A few moments later he hands it back, “you’re clear.” He tells them, as the gate opens ahead

Edward moves ahead with cow and companions behind. He deliberately avoids eye contact with the guard. Beta however looked up at the man, and gave a cheerful whistle and a friendly wave as he passed.

The gaurd waved back, “what a funny looking automaton,” he muttered

Alpha gave Beta a solid thunk on the head and let out a few low angry beep sounds. Beta responded with a confused and upset whistle. The two continued to squabble for a moment or two before Edward spoke up.

“Knock it off. The both of you. We’ll talk about this later.”
He hissed over his shoulder.

The two automatons went quiet and fell back in line.

Inside the town seemed cold. The roads were a smooth dark grey material, and the buildings made of an even smoother jet black material. With the main source of color coming from ornamental accents of silver. Ahead was the only building that stood out, their temple. Itself carved from the mountainside. Beside it was a road going down to the valley where a Colosseum could be seen. There was also several pillared buildings, all looking uniform with the only way to differentiate was the sign above them.
“Why don’t you guys get a bite to eat, and I’ll get the paperwork in order for travelling through.”

“Great. Even their buildings are all identical and boring.”
Edward said to himself. He looked around and tried to find some place that might sell food.

Frostvin spread his arms ans stretched. “Ah, Winterfall.”