Arcana: the downfall

“I just got so… angry or something during the battle. I dunno what it was, but usually I’m focused and calm. But not then. I felt like I couldn’t see through the rage and violence. It was so weird. I didn’t even notice that the bandits were killed. I’m not usually like that,” he said, looking at Lihem. His eyes were full of worry and fear. “I couldn’t stop it, and I’m worried that it’ll happen again, with… consequences.”

“Well, I’m sure you’ll take control of it next time. Although I do know what you mean. I sometimes find myself getting too caught up in the thrill of battle.” Lihem replied as he patted Frostovin on the back.

1 Like

Deciding the others were taking too long, Edward went back to the others, and approached Oliver.

Frostvin nodded. “Thanks, I guess.”

“calmed down?”

“In a way, but there are more important things I have on my mind.”
Edward showed him the page talking about the nearby archdragon.

He silently read it, and after a moment asked “uh, is it wise to go there? It’s a bit aways from our path.”

“It’s more than wise. This is an opportunity none of us may get again. All my life I’ve wanted to see one and learn from one. Please, let me have this.”

“why? Odds are it’d kill you on sight.”

“Or it could spare us. Do you have any idea how much knowledge a creature so ancient could offer? Secrets and mysteries man kind may have never even considered!”

“you’re going to put the fate of our exposition on an if?”

“I hate to say this, but I agree with the ‘scientist’,” Jeromy said reluctantly. “I would like the chance to speak with one.”

1 Like

“Fine. Then I’ll go into the den myself. The rest of you can wait outside.”

He sighs, “if everyone else agrees we’ll go.”

Edward was beaming, very excited about seeing the archdragon.

“You guys go ahead. I’d rather not risk it.” Saras says.

Isadau shrugs. “If it’s a chance to see halfwit get eaten by a dragon, I’m in.”

“we won’t ecounter until tomorrow at the minimum,” said Oliver as he looked at the map

Normally Edward would have made some snide remark or sarcastic comeback in response to their jabs and prods, but these were special circumstances.

“That’s fine. Tomorrow can work. As long as we go.”
He said excitedly.

“that’s if we skip the capital,” adds Oliver, “a more reasonable assumption is two days from now.”

“And what would we need to go to the capital for? It’s nothing but a bunch of military stiffs with sticks shoved so far up their backsides that they cough wood chips. Besides, they probably already have it out for us after we killed their men.”