Arcana: the downfall

“Addendum. The elder specimen prefers to be referred to as Mr.Vienne. I’ll do my best to remember this, but make no promises.”

“everyone else may refer to me to their preference.”

“So why am I a special case?”
Edward asked, semi sarcastically.

“because it’s quite clear you lack respect.”

“Not entirely. I respect Pain Ya above most others. As well as my craft and my creations. Though my respect is something that must be earned and deserved rather than assumed.”

“everyone deserves respect until they prove otherwise.”

“I respect others who have a passion for knowledge and learning. Now I’m sure someone of your seemingly experienced age must be wise and intelligent. However, I cannot simply assume so until my suspicions are proven.”

Vienne walked away, tired of the talk

Edward began walking to explore the city, moving on four metal leg, standing taller than most. His legs were crossed.

Alpha and Beta followed him.

OOC: How would a normal person attempt to communicate with a particular god?

Several people oddly glare at him, though he could see the city library ahead.
OOC: via shrines

He excitedly rushed towards the library.

OOC: Alright. So contacting Pain Ya might have to wait until we get to the lab.

It was a grand building, with 30 foot tall doors wide open for frequent traffic in and out, the building was a horseshoe shao with several hundred bookshelves within, and a small garden in the center with a shrine to Pian ya in front of a fountain

OOC: Oh wait I’ve been spelling it wrong this whole time

Edward rushed into the building, excited by all the books. But first he stopped at the shrine.

“My goddess. It is a pleasure to speak to you again. I have begun my journey given by Lux. While its not how I would have normally would have wanted to spend the next few weeks, I openly welcome this as a potential learning experience. I trust that your guiding hand and wisdom will see me through this.”
He spoke with a clear level of reverence and respect.

An old lady neaby stopped watering a plant, “glad you feel that way. At least that got you out of your cave.”

2 Likes

“Yes. I will admit I may spend too much time in my laboratory. I’ll be sure to make the best of this.”

Edward rose on his mechanical legs, with a warm smile on his face. He then moved to one of the book shelves and looked for anything relating to any form of scientific study.

OOC: So if she communicates through nearby people, how would she communicate with the shrine in his lab? Maybe through bots?

She shrugged and returned to watering plants
OOC: nope, that’s how she chose to appear

1 Like

OOC: Oh. Alright. I still got some good ideas.

IC: Edward sifted through books, scanning through titles, until he saw something he found interesting. He found a book on animal study and opened it up. He practically flew through the pages, reading at an almost inhuman speed.

OOC: I’m not writing a novel.
IC he found information about many of the major spieces on arcana

OOC: What?

IC: Edward continued reading. Taking particular interest in the island turtles and sea scorpions, getting much inspiration for future bots.

He also took particular note of the Archdragons. He’d read much about the beasts before, and had always wanted to see one. Perhaps he might just be able to on this new adventure.

Lihem and Jeromy wandered the city, trying to find the meeting place, obviously lost.

“You said turn left up ahead, so I turned left!” Lihem said.

“I didn’t mean into an alleyway! I meant up there!” Jeromy said as he pointed at an intersection in the main streets of the city.

“Oh, well, you really should have been more clear small friend.” Lihem replied gingerly.

Jeromy face-palmed as Lihem began walking off in the right direction.