Arcana: the downfall

Tortwig shook her head. “Little one, calm down. It is fine. The dragon is not a monster. If he were a monster, I would not be here. You see?”

Frostvin shook his head. “I dunno. That ‘Duo’ thing and Beta seem an awful lot alike.”

“Well, thank you. Do you know if he can hear us?” Saras asks.

1 Like

“Megalos built this place for him. Whenever they went to work on it they never came back! Maybe its not a monster to you it’s a monster to me!”

“How? Beta is round and walks. That thing is a pyramid and flies.”

Tortwig nodded in understanding. “Well, then, that’s a perfectly fine reason to be scared. We are all scared of something, little one. Do not worry.”
She turned to Saras. “I dunno, he might. Why?”

Frostvin shrugged. “Eh. I just got a weird feeling for a second. They make the same sounds, you have to admit that.”

ooc: GTG for a while

1 Like

“Because I was wondering if you could be a translator for us? I have a question or two whenever you’re done talking with him.”

“Lots of robots speak in binary. Its a standard language.”

He then turned to Tortwig.

“Listen. We don’t have any interest in seeing the dragon. All we want is a way out. Understand?”
Edward said sternly.

@Runa
“Sure!”

@MaxinePrimal
Frostvin nodded. “Oh.”

Tortwig raised an eyebrow and her tail twitched. “You’d forgo knowledge for the sake of escaping a harmless place? I thought you were a scientist.”

“I am. Trust me, I’ve wanted to see an Elder Dragon for a long time. But right now…”

Edward looked behind him. Melissa was clinging to his leg.

“Right now it’s more important that we get out of here in one piece. I know for a fact that the Dragon you’re talking to eats Megalos. You want proof? Smell the ash.”
Edward then pointed to the ash on the floor.

“We only want a way out of here.”

Tortwig nodded. “I understand. I can help you, if you want. Quadro is strong, and Duo is smart.”
She thought a moment, her tail swishing back and forth. “Maybe I can share the information I got? When we get put, I mean.”

Frostvin looked around. “Sounds great… Can we go now? This place is too warm for my taste.”

“Whatever gets us out of here fastest, I really don’t care.”

Beta looked up at Duo and beeped a happy greeting.

The fire then turned blue and cold

“I really don’t like where this is going. Please, lady. Do you know a way out of here or not?”
Edward instead.

Duo beeped back happily and flew down lower. His back panel opened, and a small firework flew out and burst into a colorful ball.
Frostvin looked at the fire. “Um, guys?”

Melissa let out a short scream, startled by the sound of the firework.

Beta however gave a cheerful response and fired off a shot of confetti, which didn’t make nearly as much noise.

“Yes. I see it too. And no, I don’t like it.”
Edward told Frostvin.

“why can’t fire just be fire?” Asked Oliver somewhat ironically

2 Likes

Duo whistled and whirred concernedly, hovering towards Melissa. He flew lower and made a low, sad sound as if he was apologizing.
Duo turned towards Beta and shivered for a moment, before shooting out a small stream of confetti as well. He beeped happily.
Quadro watched the group coldly.

Melissa stayed behind Edward.

Alpha didn’t move from his creator’s side, though kept his focus set on Quadro.

“Listen, Tertwig, or whatever your name is. Do you know a way out. Yes or no?”
Edward asked again, growing less and less patient.

She nodded cheerfully. “Yup!”

“Then tell us where it is.”

Tortwig walked to the ladder and pointed up.