Arcana: the downfall

“Could you please lead us out then?” Saras asks.

She nodded and called out in kitmaj. Duo flew over and hovered up the ladder, while Quadro started climbing. Tortwig followed them.
Frostvin shrugged and started climbing up as well.

Saras followed.

Two figures stood in a dark room.

“We’ve heard tell of a man wearing our armor in the capital of Winterfall.” One said, sitting in what seemed to be a very fancy chair/throne. “His shield was scratched out and he carried a black hook, or so the grapevine says. I believe this is our traitor.”

The other one nodded. “I know my mission. I’ll head out immediately.”

“How do we know we can trust you with this specific mission? You may be one of the top two fastest rising member, but at the same time, he is-”

“I can handle it.” The second figure cuts off the first with his near emotionless voice. “He’s just a traitor. He’ll die like the rest, and I’ll retrieve the Hook.”

“Good. Before you go, though, I have something for you. To face a man with a relic that strength, we should lend you one of similar strength.” He draws a sheathed, oriental style blade from beside his chair. “Take this, and use it to capture the traitor. Make him pay for betraying his clan.”

The second one takes the sword and attaches it to his back. “Yes, sir.” He turns and leaves the room.

3 Likes

Edward told Melissa to hang on to his back. He walked up the the ladder and started climbing. He used his mechanical limbs to help him up. Alpha and Beta followed.

The ladder only lead to the gutters, gutters that couldn’t support the weight of those attop, though in the gutter they’d find a black liquid

Tortwig hopped into the gutters. “Yuck!” She exclaimed.

“Fantastic. So much for your plan.”
Edward jumped down and dug his three functioning spider limbs into the other side of the pillar, slowing his decent. Alpha and Beta of course followed.

OOC: I wouldn’t do that.
IC: the gutters creaked under her weight

1 Like

Saras slid down the side of the ladder, getting out from underneath.

Once back on the ground, Edward and Melissa sat down.

“Don’t worry kid. We’ll get out of here. I’m not sure how, but we will.”
Edward said, hoping to comfort the young Megalo.

Tortwig muttered something in kitmaj and jumped back into the ladder, sliding down. Frostvin jumped off at the end, and Tortwig hopped off after him.
“That was not what I thought was going to happen.”

There was still the four unused torches by the bonfire

“Wait a minute…”
Edward said to himself. A thought came to his mind.

“Tertwig, come over here. I want to take a look at that black liquid.”

“Tortwig. And sure!” The Kitmaj ran over. “Whatcha thinking?”

Edward inspected the substance, trying to find out exactly what it was.

“I have an idea.”
He stated simply.
@Ace

1 Like

It was oil

Tortwig nodded. "Yes. I think I got that. She looked at the black liquid.
She spoke in Kitmaj, and Duo hovered over it, attempting to collect a sample.

Edward walked to the bonfire, grabbed a torch, and tried to light it.

It lit up

With the torch in hand, he went back up the larder and lit the oil.