Best Game Controller?

If you’re going to use it a lot you should get an official Nintendo one. From my experience the knockoffs haven’t been so good.

Hot take: it sucks. Buttons take too long to press in order to respond in time. Very cumbersome to hold, and the placement of the main buttons feels so unnatural. Also, as someone with Tourette’s syndrome it’s a pain to hold because it feels like it constrains my hands with a certain formation just to remember the button placement.

The only buttons that take “longer” is the L and R buttons which also take longer to press on both the Xbox And PS4 controller. It’s weight seems pretty average to me. It’s large but that just means a higher level of comfort. The placement of the buttons makes with the A button which will probably be the one you press most being front and center with other less important buttons around it.

thanks, I have tried some of the knockoff wii stuff and it works…
…for some things.
but I was planning on getting original gamecube controllers anyway

1 Like

Joy Cons for me. I like the button/joystick layout, no analog triggers, and I have yet to experience joystick drift. It’s great that it can be clipped to grips and offers L/R color customization.

I like the joy cons too, but on their own I just find them to be too small and cramp up my hands (even with the add ons to make them a bit larger in the “top” (that being the metal strip))

I like use 2 most times but one for a player feels adequate in a game like MK8DX. Might even be cheaper that way as a buyer. I do agree though that it isn’t fun to use for input intensive titles.

I have the armor and joystick caps on my joycon, that makes playing with the sideways joycon much much better, good enough to play smash at least

If it wasn’t for the drift I’d say joycon but probably either Xbox One or 360

While I’ve personally never had issues with drift I will say that is a massive problem.

So I’d have to say I like the Xbox one controllers the most.

1 Like

I don’t have drift with my new ones after I replaced them but having to replace them is frustrating

1 Like

I would imagine so.

1 Like

I had to get one drifting joycon replaced during quarantine, it took 15 days to get a response back from nintendo, for comparison, it took less than 24 hours for the first drifting joycon i had

1 Like