BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

I still don’t think he’s evil! Just his personality is like that tbh.

4 Likes

All these people getting the new book makes me sad that for some ungodly reason, I still can’t buy the Kindle version from Amazon. Still not available for purchase it says.

But it’s good to see people are enjoying the book.

3 Likes

It’s honestly a little baffling that people are still hung up on that Ekimu “cheated”.Was there any way he could have actually beat Kulta without bending the rules? Without the ability to use his weapons, Ekimu’s an old man facing off against an ruthless, undead giant. There’s no way we could have won in brawn, so he used his brain to find a loophole and stay alive.

Ekimu’s not the pure, benevolent, mentor figure. He’s a partly arrogant warrior-king who has basically lost his entire world. The cataclysm took away his friends, his home, his island, and perhaps what hurts most of all, his brother. For lack of a better term, he’s pretty freakin’ annoyed and you can bet he’s not going to let evil take any more.

3 Likes

Why is this a bad thing? The only reason he “bent the rules” was to save his friends–and the people of Okoto–from the threat of Kulta. He didn’t do it for personal gain or anything like that; he did it for the good of the world. And, as Ekimu says in the book, “when fighting evil, it’s important to remember that the only rule is to win.”

I mean…He still had the Mask of Creation. We still don’t know the exact powers of the mask, but I’m sure he could’ve used it somehow. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

THANK YOU. That is how I’ve seen Ekimu for a while now. He’s not some nice old guy like everyone thinks he is. This is the best summerization I’ve ever read of his character

10 Likes

I got Ekimu the Mask Maker today and I have to say looking at him, he is actually a good set.

1 Like

Reminds me of how Optimus Prime gradually got angrier and more violent as the movies progressed :stuck_out_tongue: He got tired of losing and he couldn’t take it

2 Likes

I’m not patient enough to wait for it either, as there’s no saying how long I would need to, so I just end up reading the spoilers and not buying it.
It’s likely this is the last book so this doesn’t really hurt anyone.

1 Like

Are you kidding me? It doesn’t matter which book it is, if it doesn’t sell well, they stop. And that’s an avenue of profit that Lego stops making, which decreases Bionicle’s budget. But hey, if you want it to end so badly, that’s your choice.

11 Likes

From what I heard from this book, its worth.

They’ve already decided the budget for next year.
It took god knows how long they made the last kindle available, I won’t wait for that to happen.

1 Like

Never said it was a bad thing, just stated new parts of Ekimu we recently haven’t seen in the past year and a half of Bionicle G2.

I didn’t say that that was a bad thing, he did it for the fate of the island. Maybe it was the problem of me just saying a sentence.

3 Likes

Okay, so they’ve got a budget for the sets. What about promotional material? What about story outlets? Because the books are/were a great way to learn more about the story. By buying less, you tell Lego that you are not interested. If you aren’t interested, they aren’t interested. And then they go away. And with interest in supplemental material low or gone, interest in sets will very likely follow suit.

15 Likes

What?

I got the Graphic Novel for Kindle on the day it was released, at least for the version on computer. Bought it off of Amazon.

So Ekimu is a Mary Sue…?

You see the problem?
I don’t know how long that will be there, days, weeks or even months and then I just forgot it even exists because all the hype surrounding it has dried down.

1 Like

No, I just said he’s “NOT the holy good guy of goodness” that some media portrays him as.

2 Likes

I dunno about you, but it appears for me. (Now if only I had money.)

2 Likes

Oh good, I dont want my good guys too light, I like the grey area of personalities and morality.

2 Likes

Yeah, I feel like everyones making him out to be a cookie cutter Sensei Wu. He’s not, and has quite a different, unheard o personality which i like. It changes things up a bit.

2 Likes