BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Some observations:

-There are 2 glowing tracks moving through the attacked Jungle Village. This leads me to believe atleast 2 Lava Beasts attacked it.

-As pointed out above, the Beast mask are literally masks. You can see them next to Onua and 2 maskless Lava Beasts that Lewa destroys.

-Seems like the Beasts will attack the City of the Mask Makers. You can see Onua defending the bridge from Storm and Quake Beasts with the Forge in the background.

12 Likes

The beasts attacking the villages reminds me of Tahnok at Po-koro, Nuhvok at Le-koro and Gahlok at Onu-koro c:[quote=“Apophyx, post:28876, topic:15529, full:true”]
I think the Beasts are meant to be the G2 Bohrok
[/quote]

A burlesque I’d say, they stand no chance.

7 Likes

That episode trailer though…

HYPE! :smile:

8 Likes

it seems like the Beast masks is what keeps the beasts alive, like they are not just mask, but the thing that gives them form. Once the mask are removed, the beast will fall apart into crystals.

so the beasts might be made out of elemental crystals and shadows.

5 Likes

Those episodes are going to be the best bionicle thing ever…

4 Likes

Bionicle : Fabula Nova Crystallis

A lot going on in this trailer–I like that!

The atmosphere seems very high-stakes this time around, and it looks like these two episodes will be darker than the last two. I do find it funny that Ekimu considers himself as having “stood on the sidelines,” given that he’s done almost every majorly important thing in G2 thus far (defeating Makuta, foretelling the Toa, saving them from Kulta, etc.) However, he is correct in saying that he hasn’t done a lot this year, so maybe that’s what he meant by “too long…”

I don’t really get why people think this trailer is spoilery, though. We learn two plot points, basically: A village is attacked, and Tahu loses his mask. The other events are obvious ones, and we could even make the case that Tahu being unmasked is obvious as well, given the nature of the Beast sets and their corrupted masks. We don’t know how that plotline will be resolved, so I don’t really think it’s a spoiler…

10 Likes

The plot is so straightforward I count the visuals itself as spoilers.

Trailer was cool, I hope I get Netflix back and running soon.

4 Likes

I wonder if Ekimu built that chamber.

1 Like

I assumed they fell apart because Lewa ran them through with his Tonifas. Note that The Quake Beasts did the same thing.

Also, Lava Beast really can fly.

Well, Kopaka calls them an “army made out of Lava”. But if Pohatu’s line about LoSS is anything to go by, the Toa don’t know what they’re talking about.

It seems the plot of the first episode has two Lava Beasts attacking villages, Tahu losing his mask, gets it back, sends Onua to guard the city. Onua fights off a pair of Storm Beasts before losing his mask to an army of Quake Beasts, and the other Toa fight against a bunch of Storm Beasts and lose.

I have one last idea for why Tahu Master was shown, assuming that wasn’t a mistake. Maybe getting his mask ripped off while united causes him to lose his unity armor, while Onua and Kopkar aren’t united when their masks get ripped off.

~W12~

5 Likes

It sounds very very unlikely, mainly because the Uniter armor is a separate thing and the Toa clearly don’t have the Master armor anymore.

4 Likes

We can’t say for absolute certain it’s an error. Heck it might be Kopaka and Onua who should be in their master forms there instead.

1 Like

Like the last time, they are still spoiling things in the trailers.

• Previously it was Umarak holding the Mask of Control
  • Then it was the reveal of the Mask Of Ultimate Power
  • Now its revealing some more important scenes from the episode

Yeah, a lot of it has already been revealed. Pretty much all of this is older than two weeks and been discussed here so don’t think it needs a spoiler tag, plus its partially speculation.

Episode 3?

• Toa are searching for Umarak, but are unable to find him
  • Ekimu admits that he needs to contribute more to the group
  • Makuta instructs Umarak the Destroyer to awaken the shadow hoards (Along with other instructions we don’t hear at the time)
  • Umarak the Destroyer ransacks village on the way
  • Toa and Ekimu discover this, with Ekimu then leaving to go power up
  • Umarak The Destroyer finds pieces of Mask Of Ultimate Power
  • Toa arrive and fight Umarak the Destroyer only to be pushed back
  • Umarak uses the piece of the Mask Of Ultimate Power to raise a mountain which awakens the shadow hoards

Episode 4?

• The Toa are losing under the relentless sway of the shadow hoards
  • Umarak the Destroyer enters the mountain in search of Makuta’s tomb (Makuta having the other part of the MoUP)
  • The Toa are joined by Ekimu in his Toa form, who helps them face off against the shadow hoard
  • They manage to distract the hoard long enough for Ekimu to enter the mountain and confront Umarak the Destroyer
  • Ekimu fights Umarak and wins, however Makuta is somehow awakened regardless

Personally felt the trailer didn’t reach a ‘peak’ it kind of started to build up until Ekimu was deciding he needed to join the fight - would have worked better if the final shot was a Toa-Sized Ekimu about to face off against Umarak The Destroyer… though i expect that wont happen until episode 4.

Worryingly enough, we’ll probably end up getting a trailer for the 4th episode in about a weeks time at the latest given they apparently air the same day on Netflix… (29th)

2 Likes

That’s a thing we know exists an what it looks like. What it looks like in JTO isn’t a spoiler.
Plus, I will say we don’t actually KNOW that’s she MouP. It probably is, sure, but it might not be.

I think that might be the episode’s end – we see Ekimu enter this mystery chamber, and it fades to white.

Also, I must disagree on your episode summary:

Pretty sure the two LB’s did that.

The beasts show up very prominently in this episode trailer, meaning they clearly aren’t summoned at the episode’s finale.

This trailer is far from spoilery. We know Tahu loses his mask, and the beasts shatter, and that’s it.

~W12~

~W12~

2 Likes

Eh. This was trailer for the third (next) episode and it shoved the beasts quite a lot already.

2 Likes

Ok, I just saw the trailer. I think these episodes will be the best ones. I think Ekimu might feel a little guilty for being asleep so long, but he doesn’t want to admit it’s not his fault. And what’s up with the Beast’s deaths? Reminds me of this:

(sorry)
I think they may be completely made out of crystal. It does say, “an army made out of lava” so maybe literal lava? Idk we will find out.
Tbh it’s about time Ekimu did something. I sort of wonder where Umarak went right off to after getting turned into UTD. I have a feeling he crates the beasts right away with the purple thing then immediately raided a village. Lewa’s voice makes it sound like the Toa and Umarak will in fact, not meet in this episode.

Oh, and by the way, I was in TRU today and there was a boy (11 maybe?) buying one of the beasts. Also there was a girl who was buying a Friends set and was getting a free Skull Basher with the $40 deal. I am confident Bionicle is selling well I my area.

5 Likes

You are correct, we don’t know for certain it is the Mask of Ultimate Power - however the appearance of a brand new mask whether its the MoUP or not can be viewed as a spoiler. In a similar way the scene also shows Ekimu defeating the being that wears the mask - so the tension of the scene is gone.

If it is the MoUP we didn’t know what it looked like exactly before JTO - all we had was vague conflicting images from graphic novels and animations.

Possibly… though from the dialogue in the trailer Lewa seemed to be reacting to the destruction and thinking Umarak did it (I expect Lewa still believes Umarak is in his hunter form at this stage)

Slight alteration to my comment based on that;

All of the clips of the shadow hoard appear to be at the Ancient City - where the Toa are defending the bridge to prevent them from entering - eventually failing. The shots of Umarak with the mountain rising (?) seem to be after he has the MoUP piece which presumably occurs in episode 4 due to the only shots of Umarak the Destroyer portraying him near the ancient city.

As such, episode 3 would be Makuta instructing Umarak to raise the shadow hoard, destroying a village to lure the Toa away, trying to attack the ancient city and managing to find the MoUP piece. Episode 4 would then be finding the other MoUP piece and summoning Makuta.

Shall probably do a picture breakdown ><

I’d say the LB’s were at least there, judging by the two pairs of red footprints and the flames.

It my be that Jungle Toa says “Why would Umarak do this” and good mask aker or Fire Toa or Ice Toa says “This wasn’t Umarak”

~W12~

2 Likes