BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

I still think the Toa will team up in pairs of 2 to fight the hordes.

1 Like

I suppose, its still a silly line though. Umarak is a villain and a hunter, him destroying the village makes sense if he’s trying to get to a goal. He already unleashed traps and things - granted he’s more of a hit-and-run enemy, but questioning his motives when he is evil kind of seems like a mute point.

I’m really liking where The Journey to One is going, with the darker tone, stakes, and FANTASTIC animation (man that tahu vs lava beasts was brutal). I also would like to add that the beasts seem WAY more imposing than previously thought. But I have one gripe, I don’t like Lewa’s voice actor. He just doesn’t take the content seriously, he seems WAY to CBS kids to me and his delivery of that line with the destroyed villages was really disappointing. But overall it looks great!

5 Likes

To be fair, Umarak in all of his millenia never bothered to attack any of Okoto’s villagers for information on the Elemental Creatures when he was hunting them.

6 Likes

Same here, man.

What if the six pieces of the MoUP are hidden in each village? That would explain why the piece we saw in his hand from the region of fire is gold/orange, kinda burning.

Mere speculation tho

3 Likes

Man oh man. I loved that trailer, and it made me wish we had more Beasts and had them earlier. I got serious Bohrok vibes from that trailer. Super excited for July 29th.

19 Likes

Back when it was just 6 prongs on the mask, I thought it would have been cool to have each of the toa come in 2017 come with a prong in their respective trans color and then have the bad guy of the winter wave have a trans black mask piece that all the prongs could connect to.

Then in the summer the main villain would have the mask and all 6 prongs in black.

1 Like

Well it turns out the Shadow Horde wears masks after all. If you look closely at the two Lava Beasts that are destroyed by Lewa you can tell that they are not wearing their masks and you can see the masks of Quake Beasts beside Onua as he strikes the ground with his hammer. Wasn’t expecting that.

3 Likes

this. this man knows what he is talking about.

and i agree with him.

4 Likes

I’m late but I was at Legoland and the book arrived while I was there… But I’m here now, but before I dive into my thoughts on the book I want to say that the Spiderman CW set and Dr. Strange set is out at Legoland (Billund). So is UtD and Lava Beast, no otjer bionicle summer 2016 sets are out in Denmark, Sweden or Norway to my knowledge. I picked up Lava Beast, lemme start with him.

I don’t like how his head is attached with the dual joint to attach the trap piece, and I don’t lile the look of the trap piece on the back of his head. Neither do I like his hands, I find it difficult to make him hold the mask and the fingers look really odd. Other cons I think are obvous and already mentioned, let’s skip em. Oh yeah, and the dark orange looks fine to me.

Ok, so. Book… Disappointed and left me with Questions. Fair warning: Spoilers ahead!

Questions:

• Are the skull warriors a group of skull raiders? If not, why do the look so similair to Kulta?
  • Where did the skull spoiders and scorpios come from?

Disappointments:

• No Bingzak (jk, jk)
  • No name for Slicer and Basher
  • Slicer did not appear, and if I recall correctly, wasn’t mentioned
  • Still no answer as to how the Toa got new armor for 2016
  • Ekimu was terrible
  • Overall, I didn’t find this book as enjoyable as the second one

I did like the ending though, and they did the thing were it starts and ends the same, with Kulta praying to Makuta for help, like BvS had funerals. And yeah… more name characters, 4 new in this book. I feel they should have fought Lewa with a skull spier though…

Also, sounds like the raiders are based on the concept art for the “skull blazer”.

1 Like

In the beginning of JtO, (And at the end of one of the books.) it says that Ekimu forged new weapons, armor, and masks for them.

4 Likes

Cool trailer.

Do other people also feel that the toa kinda lose their value if they can only succeed with the help of Ekimu.

2 Likes

“These villagers did nothing, why would Umarak do this” Hmm, tough question
###MAYBE BECAUSE HE IS A PURE EVIL MONSTROSITY!!!

3 Likes

To raise the dramatic tension, of course.

3 Likes

You do realize you’re talking about yourself, right?
:stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, this new trailer (from post 27412) makes the next two episodes look very promising.

“The end game has begun!”
Loved that line.

Loved to see more footage on the Elemental Beasts.

Glad that the villagers are getting caught up in the cross-fire.

I’m excited that the Beasts actually attack the Mask Maker’s City (most likely to get to Ekimu) and the Toa will stand to defend it.

And that line at the ending, “I have stood on the sidelines too long.”,… glorious.

I have the feeling Makuta has sent the Elemental Beasts to attack Ekimu. However, the Toa will stand in their way. Watching the battle between the Toa and the Beasts, Ekimu will feel that the six heroes alone cannot stand up to them, despite what the Prophecy of Heroes said.

But then, he will enter the crystal chamber and join the fight.

It will turn out the Toa never had all of the elements united… they still needed the element of (light?) to defeat evil (remember, the Prophecy showed the six Toa surrounding the Mask of Creation, representing Ekimu).

Also, I have the feeling Agil will be pronounced as (AU-geel).

6 Likes

Probably to scare the toas and show them what his new power can do

That’s a good thing. You don’t want them to seem like a group of unbeatable heroes, you want them to seem human and relatable. Sometimes your all isn’t enough, and that’s an important life lesson to teach kids. Sometimes you’re going to have to swallow your pride and ask for help from your boss/mentor/teachers/parents. The Toa are also still learning, so it’s important for their mentor to be present just in case things go wrong. I can’t tell you how many times Splinter stepped in to save the Turtles whenever Shredder put them in a tough position throughout various media.

Besides, Ekimu is a wonderful character and I think he should be the one leading the charge in the big battles against his brother’s evil. It’s technically his own personal battle anyway, not the Toa’s. They’re there to protect Okoto, which includes keeping Okotans and villages safe. Ekimu has but one destiny, and that is to set things right and confront Makuta, whatever that requires, whatever the cost.

Honestly… Ekimu’s a scary character. He’s not dangerous because he has something to fight for, he’s dangerous because he’s already lost everything. Everyone he knew and loved before, they’re all dead now because of Makuta. Even his once great empire has fallen and become a bunch of tribes fending off nature’s elements as well as Makuta’s pests. Only recently has he been able to start integrating them into the ancient city in order to try and rebuild everything to be at least a Shadow of its former glory.

10 Likes

Toa. It’s toa not toas. That trailer is also amazing! Loving the darker tone

4 Likes

Yeah, I do

True, but it just sounds a little childish to me

2 Likes