BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

But why would they post this stuff 5 months after the show had ended, and Bionicle’s cancellation was confirmed? How are we supposed to know what is canon now -.-

crosses fingers for new foot moulds

4 Likes

why did they even bother to add that to the site. thats like 2 hours of work to add it to the site…

the biggest dissapointment of g2 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Also, why would it be G3? Why would LEGO cancel a theme one year and then bring it back the very next year. Like, I know this happened with Ninjago, but that was a one-time thing, and I haven’t seen a massive outcry from parents for LEGO to bring it back.

1 Like

based on these words:

We are so close to revealing an awesome new play experience that boosts your child’s creativity! Watch out for more coming soon…

i have a feeling that this new theme is not going to be a constraction theme, instead i feel that this may be another app based LEGO theme or the like, probably a new version of LEGO Creator or something.

1 Like

What the heck is up with this whole Ekimu being the Toa of Light thing?

I swear, I’m used to the website being wildly inconsistent with the rest of the story by now, but really? BIONICLE has been gone for five months! They couldn’t just leave well enough alone? They had to drag it back out of its grave just to slap on one more plot inconsistency and then kick it back down again?

It is quite honestly laughable. If it didn’t pain me so I’d find it hilarious.

I think this might be the worst contradiction yet just because of how blatant and obvious it is.

“No, I’m not the Toa of Light.”

“Ekimu becomes the Toa of Light.”

-Mesonak

EDIT:

See I like the sound of that, it sounds interesting. Becoming the Toa of Light through valor and your actions. It even could be used as an explanation for Ekimu’s transformation… if Ekimu had any character whatsoever to speak of. He didn’t go on a journey, he didn’t have character depth or growth, he didn’t exemplify duty or unity, and only barely showed an understanding of destiny because he read the script.

22 Likes

Yeah, honestly, Ekimu desperately needed character development instead of gaining his new form out of convinience. Maybe if the Temple of Light wasn’t in the City of the Mask Makers, we could’ve gotten that journey where Ekimu has to find the Temple first, maybe even be unable to access it until he has something to show for his efforts.

2 Likes

its because of stuff like this, that i feel that all of the info that was released now might actualy have been the original plans for G2’s 2016 summer wave, which was then cut when G2 was canceld and thus they had to alter the info and cut the rest for time. This feels especialy so when Agil is stated to be able to unite with Ekimu and also allow him to fly, something that does not happend in JtO (exept for the part with Agil basicly just flies into Ekimu’s body, like that was the hole unity thing).

4 Likes

Lego, stop giving us false hope for Bionicle. First you set up 2017 in the trailers for JTO, then you say that G2 was a success for some reason, now your kind of hinting at something to do with Bionicle or constraction.

If you keep doing this Lego, we won’t believe you if you try to actually hint at Bionicle or another constraction theme.

actualy, notting from what they have shown seems to be Constraction related. For all we know they might be planning on releasing a new LEGO theme that uses an app or something when creating things.

3 Likes

The new content also claims that Makuta forged the MoUP because he wanted to “rule the world.”

Sigh. Here goes this debate again…

3 Likes

Oh yeah, totally. Agil, Ekimu, the “Toa of Light,” the Shadow Realm… all of this stuff probably would’ve shown up in some form if the line had gotten its full three years. I also firmly believe it would’ve been cool, interesting, and decently well-told if it had been done in that format. Unfortunately that isn’t what ended up happening. All the stuff got smashed together, chopped up, and clumsily integrated to the point where it just doesn’t make any sense.

-Mesonak

12 Likes

I don’t see that as a plot inconsistency. I think people are taking the “old mask maker who wants to help” line too literally. The way he says it totally implied to me that he was in many ways the Toa of light, but didn’t want to say so outright, as in some ways he isn’t.

5 Likes

I agree on this. Personally I think it’s more a VR/AR thing if they’re describing it as a new play experience.

EDIT: Combined the recent site update with the recent BZP instagram post BZPower on Instagram: "Presented without comment. #LEGO #bionicle" we ought to be expecting something very soon.

…somehow I expect LEGO to just dole out instructions for the Makuta set.

2 Likes

Hmm… quite interesting, given the tags. Unreasonable speculation, but it’d be pretty cool if we got a TES styled BIONICLE game as the last media for BIONICLE ever.

1 Like

He sounded pretty literate when he claimed it. Also He could barely even used his new powers. It seems all the six element together can be the source of Ultimate evil and Ultimate good at the same time. And of course again Ekimu gets the Ultimate good powers without proving he is worthy or learning anything about how to even use them. I think Ekimu is the main “Good guy” in the story and since he can have all the power, all the glory, all the knowledge about the future without even trying hard or learning it at some point. He is the epitome of all the “good, hope and clean light” of Gen 2. It’s not like those would be shared among the Toa like in Gen 1.

2 Likes

Hmm, let’s enhance that image

More…

Could it be? No… but it makes sense! All the recent events, Ekimu being a toa of light, it could only be-

G3… is canon

In all seriousness I think it might be a scan from the art book. The picture is grainy, but it looks like it has the same painted style.

23 Likes

That actually makes a lot of sense, I think you’re right. Although, it’s odd that the post itself suggests that it’s something we don’t yet know about, considering we ALL know that the concept artbook is going to be a thing for the contest winners. The secrecy on what it is seems a bit redundant from my perspective.

On the other hand, is that painted on an actual canvas? That’d be pretty cool if that’s the case.

3 Likes

Oh that looks interesting!
Please be a new constraction line!

Crosses fingers

…or it could just be the artbook. Given the low number of copies available, let hope that there’s a new contest coming for the books as the prizes.

2 Likes

Still Lego is working on something

1 Like