BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

That’s why I said “not unlike”. So I basically was saying “Yeah, like how they didn’t give us the instructions.” Sorry for the apparent confusion.

1 Like

If Lego gives us instructions for JTO Makuta I will be tricked off.

1 Like

Some people already got their artbooks.

Ferainart link

So please, be humble and scan the pages so we can all enjoy in one of the very few good thing related to G2.

Thats why someone who does have it and scaning the book is a much more realistic option that I already suggested here.

12 Likes

I-It’s beautiful!

6 Likes

It looks a little thicker than I thought it’d be. Also, hardcover. Niiice.

5 Likes

Sweet. I’m excited since I really enjoy the art.

1 Like

bionicle isn’t coming back fellas
BZPower’s insta said those were some good guesses but BIONICLE isn’t coming back, probably just the artbook
secretly celebrates

this baiting stuff is starting to REALLY annoy me. seriously lego i’m honestly done with this just tell us whats going on before i lose my sanity because at this point you’re just messing with us

2 Likes

I’m surprised a lot of you are still bitter about G2’s cancellation

There’s no way any of this means anything but come on, if they did bring it back, would you seriously be upset?

I don’t care if Lego “hurt my feelings” by cancelling it. If they were to bring it back, I’d be happy that the people who wanted it would be able to have it, I wouldn’t complain and let it’s existence causes stress in my life.

You’re not being forced to buy anything or watch anything, and them bringing it back wouldn’t cause you any problems, but it could make many people happy, so you should let it.

Unfortunately though, the people who don’t want it are the ones who’ll get their way.

10 Likes

Depends on how they treat it, if they use it again as a cash grab instead of put effort for it to survive at least 3 years, then its better it stayed dead (but we dont get to deside, so who gives a toot in LEGO, they will do whatever they want).

Nobody who is a fan wants this theme to be remembered as that “one theme that sucks and that keeps trying to be used as a cash grab cause people dont know how to learn a lesson”.

G2 made me way more sceptical of the capabilities and competence of LEGO, so forgive me if I dont go all in with artificial hype.

2 Likes

I think it’s just dead and Lego is poking at it’s dead body with a stick, giggling and then getting excited if it twitches.

11 Likes

Everyone sounds so unhappy. It kind of makes me unhappy. It seems a lot of people focus on the flaws of G2, and to be fair, I focus too much on what I like about G2. It may be mean to say, but I don’t get why people get angry at Lego teasing people. For all we know, it may not be about Bionicle at all. I am sort of mad at Lego for not letting the G2 team do more, if that’s even a thing, but even so, it seems kind of silly. I mean, what’s the good of complaining about Bionicle when I can at least enjoy Bionicle instead? Even if there’s something I don’t like about Bionicle, I can change it to fit my style, be it a set or the story.

6 Likes

On a Silly note,

Somebody here made a funny comment regarding the rescent Xmas Bionicle art. If Santa is canon…doesnt that mean SanTahu Claus is a possible thing?

(what if the Toa only beamed up at the end of Jto for Tahu to prepare Christmas Presents for the Okotan, Tahu plz save Christmas)

5 Likes

I think what ticks most of us off is that Lego released the teaser on its Facebook and the Bionicle website update near simultaneously, which of course made some people think Lego has some big Bionicle-related reveal in store, since everything about the website updates at first glance doesn’t adhere to any form of logic known to man.

I honestly just want a definite end to this whole thing instead of being periodically fed false hope.

I also just realised G2’s ending is quite similar to the Dark Knight’s. “We’re the heroes Okoto deserves, but not the ones it needs right now.”

4 Likes

What I wondered is why Lego didn’t just continue where they left off…It would have probably worked out better.

3 Likes

i doupt it.

imagine if they had done that, how do anyone here thing kids would have reacted to the characters talking about stuff like the Great beings, the Brotherhood of Makuta, Teridax, the Dark Hunters, the Matoran Universe and more.

remember, this is stuff that you guys know so well, but for new fans, they would just now be introduced to all of this, and thus have no idea what any of these things are or even mean. Now some of you may say that those kids would then probably go and buy the books to learn more, but thats the thing, would they in the end be interested in spending time, learning about this storyline?

2 Likes

The problem with that is that the story got so convoluted and developed, Lego wouldn’t have known where to start. Remember, G1 fans grew up with the theme, we got to experience the story as it progressed, slowly adding layers upon layers of new arcs and characters until its conclusion. We started on one island in the middle of a gigantic ocean, with an at first glance simplistic story which had allusions and hints at later years integrated from the start. Then we were introduced to a whole new universe, then left that universe to visit another distant world that at first seemed to have had little to no connection with the MU. G1 fans had the opportunity to experience regular additions of a plethora of content, all of which helped us to piece the tale of Bionicle into a cohesive whole. Had G2 been a continuation of G1, Lego would have had to subject fans to a massive info-dump for 10 years worth of plot if they had wanted newcomers to the fandom to become invested in Bionicle’s plot; just imagine trying to condense 90% of BS01 into an introductory exposition at the start of the theme’s first year, then building on all the loose ends (let’s face it, there’s a ton of them) and weaving all that into a satisfactory ending. Not to mention that most of the magic of G1 felt by older fans would unfortunately be absent for new fans; events like Takua becoming Takanuva, Matoro’s sacrifice, the whole MU being a robot plot twist would be of little significance to those who did not follow the G1 characters through their respective arcs. It’d be like me watching Empire Strikes Back; Darth Vader being Luke’s father wouldn’t have the ‘say what?’ effect on me, since literally everyone who wasn’t around when Empire first came out effectively had the entire film plot spoiled for them before having the chance to watch it.

TL;DR picking up where Bionicle left off would only spark confusion and disinterest in a story that had become fully developed years ago; a good plot requires a degree of mystery to succeed, which is why JtO is generally disliked.

8 Likes

That gave me a very disturbing mental image, and the fact that the analogy seems pretty accurate makes it even more disturbing :tired_face:

6 Likes

On the topic of BIONICLE in 2017… only if LEGO had a New Year’s Resolution to redeem G2 by releasing a Makuta set (different from JTO style maybe) with the Vahi, Mask of Time, Shadow Mask of Ultimate Power, and Golden Mask of Ultimate Power.

The update to BIONICLE.com is surprising… and yet it shouldn’t have been.
LEGO said they were going to update the BIONICLE Facebook Page and/or BIONICLE Website until the end of the year.

Now my thoughts in G2 altogether… I loved it.
I never really was into BIONICLE G1 sets when I first saw them. They just seemed like a bunch of TECHNIC pins and gears mashed into figures made of easily-breakable plastic. I was aware the theme existed, but it just wasn’t in my sights.

When HERO Factory first came out, the figures had more of a figure-like look to them. So I got Stormer and Von Nebula. While Stormer was made from the same kind of cheap-plastic from some of BIONICLE G1 (though I was unaware of it at the time,) Von Nebula showed me that TECHNIC Figures were actually characters in their own way.
I started looking back on G1 sets, and developed some intrest in BIONICLE, but not enough that I would go on eBAY and buy a Tahu Mata for $50.

Then, I learned about the reboot. I watched ‘The Legend’ and was intrigued by the story and then I watched some reviews of the G2 figures.I had to get at least one set. When I bought Kopaka Master of Ice, I decided to get the remaining six Toa. Then I got the Protectors. Then I got the Lord of Skull Spiders. Then… well, I bought all of the sets of G2 and some extra sets to build JTO Makuta.

But something else happened as well.
During my time as a G2 fan, I slowly started studying G1.

Maybe this was LEGO’s plan all along:
Release G2 so G2 fans could reflect on G1. Then, the fans of G1 and G2 could come together to explain to LEGO what they want in a G3 of BIONICLE.

TTV and Community —>:neutral_face:

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: -NAH! BEONICLES ARE DEAD MAN!

Or are they?
:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Here’s my stance. I’m not bitter about the cancellation and LEGO’s very questionable marketing decisions as well as their handling of the theme overall anymore. I’m also very open to the idea of the theme coming back later on.

All that said, if they ever do decide to bring it back, they need to stary from square one again, but this time understand that marketing and story/lore are the key to theme’s success. The media in question HAS to be high quality, and they need to give the story team a lot of breathing room. This is a theme that works best when it takes its own world and characters seriously.

If they can’t do that, for whatever stupid corporate reason they have, then they might as well just make a new theme entirely.

5 Likes