BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

That’s talking about inconsistencies between CHIMA’s website information and its TV show. That’s not exactly comparable, because CHIMA’s story comes specifically from the TV writers. They’re essentially the story team, and because of this communication is most certainly going to be limited.

BIONICLE G2 had a team within LEGO actively working and planning out the story. They knew what they wanted to do, and I don’t think Ekimu’s Toa-like body was for nothing. It seems extremely likely that Ekimu WAS going to be the Toa of Light. All of the inconsistencies we see were born from JtO getting botched at the last minute because LEGO cancelled the theme.

4 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

today I went to a shop to see if they had any bonkles them, they didnt, but they said they were bringing in some next week, until when are they going to be refilling the shelves with sets?

2 Likes

Will probably stop early January at latest. After that any sets found are probably just old ones that they failed to sell before they stopped stocking them

2 Likes

The Barnes and Noble here has one lone Skull Warrior set.

EDIT:
BS01 now has artbooks.

1 Like

Why does this image have to look the same as the other one.

7 Likes

I’m starting to form several “totally legit …probably” crackpot conspiracy theories as we speak. I’ll get back to everyone after I find my trusty tin-foil fedora. Dome hats don’t work because your shoulders can still get hit by the mind control beams. Fedora brims curve the light particles back up to the invisible space device sending them down. :stuck_out_tongue:

If I had to take a serious guess though, I’d say that BS01 and BZP just happened to open the box up… almost the exact same way. That or they’re turning this into a running joke.

6 Likes

I’m just hyped for the scans.

4 Likes

You know what would be crushing, I all the artbook had was a one page saying “not canon lol” and then a picture of Greg’s face.

3 Likes

Boom.

More pictures on Var’s twitter as we speak.

19 Likes

Some of those weapons would have been amazing to see in sets.

4 Likes

Man, I really hope lego will make another constraction line, but darker like the artbook has shown, and with a good story aswell. Dosen’t have to be g3, just make it robotic.

I wonder if g2 would have done better had they went for the style in the artbook, except for the killing. Those artworks are so nice and bad***
I would have invested a lot more money if that was the case and the series lasted maybe 5 years or so.

5 Likes

Uncanny…

They had so many cool concepts for Melum, why the heck did they go with a Terak reskin in the end?! :rage:

Umarak the…Stone Cephalopod? :stuck_out_tongue:

The Protector of Fire bestows Tahu the legendary Toupe of fire to protect his receding hairline

https://twitter.com/illustriousvar

15 Likes

That Tahu butt tho. Wait are those NinjaGoes, in my BIonicle!?

PS: We got a newer, better detailed and fleshed out “Death crown”, hope someone makes this one on shapeways.

PPS: I thought released Umarak was awesome, OMG his concept art is so freakatastick.

4 Likes

I love the concept of three creatures with different abilities.
I wonder how that could work in the story.
Maybe animal spirits?

2 Likes

More like transformers, more than meets the eyes.

2 Likes

SO MUCH WASTED POTENTIAL

I can’t imagine how some weapons will work/created like these:

6 Likes

I like the Dream Catcher Staff

3 Likes

All I can cry about how awesome Ketar could have turned out.

4 Likes

I think for the final designs they merged the three.

I love these creature concepts so much, I’ve made my own canon that incorporates them: The Creatures being in danger of being hunted made them desperate. Once beings of formidable physical appearance and elemental power, they split into four weaker beings, one being a younger, smaller version of the Creature that retains their original name. These four creatures spread out to the north, south, east, and west of each region. The Toa will be tasked with gaining each “spirit”. While three provide the Toa with more physical abilities, such as armor or flight, the fourth will provide elemental powers and the ability to transform into a hybrid: half-Toa, half-beast.
It’s a bit of a rocky headcanon, but I really do like the concepts a lot. It could be like a quest for masks but with animal spirits instead.

1 Like