BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Lists? Ok…

Favourite Toa: Kopaka/Gali (I love them all though…)
Favourite Protector: Nilkuu
Favourite Skull Villain: Skull Basher
Favourite Set: Kopaka, Master of Ice

Favourite Toa: Gali
Favourite Villain…there’s only one and it’s Umarak…
Favourite Creature: Ikir
Favourite Combo: Possibly between Tahu/Ikir, Gali/Akida
Favourite Set: Likely between Kopaka/Melum and Gali/Akida (both paired as sets…)

@BlueCel I have Gali at last, and I have to say, she is my first Uniter out of two, and I love her. The build is quite satisfying, her masks are beautiful…and the swinging function is just charming. Loving the asymmetry and cannot wait for her to be united with Akida. The one thing I think that I have to nitpick about would be her eyes…the light piping is terrible on her. Despite this, she has won me over this year.

1 Like

I SHALL LIST TOO!
2015:
Favorite Toa: Kopaka hands down.
Favorite Protector: Vizuna
Favorite Villian: Skull Basher or Slicer
Favorite set: Mask Maker vs Skull Grinder

2016 (Winter):
Favorite Uniter: Kopaka
Favorite Creature: tERAK or uxar
Favorite Combo: Gali’s. She gets friggin twin machine guns.
Favorite Villian:…Umarak…
Favorite Set: Kopaka and Melum unity.

2 Likes

Creep’n in the shadows
Set to attack
You better watch out for
Bartholomew the Beartrap!
He’ll tear you apart
Breaking flesh and bone
Run little creature, run away home.

I’d say Onua’s hammer is the most unique. Tahu’s weapons I have no problems with but Lewa’s weapons just looks awkward. Is it unique? Sure, but so is Ketar.

5 Likes

Wow, that’s gonna be the riddle to get through the Temple of Bartholomew in UROG or UmaRekt Online Game.

They are silly for being tonfas. You know make me think that they had real potential.

3 Likes

I guess I’ll list, too :3

Favorite Toa: Onua
Favorite Protector Korgot
Favorite Villian: Skull Slicer
Favorite set: Ekimu vs Kulta

2016 (Winter wave)
Favorite Toa/Uniter: EitherKopaka or Onua
Favorite Creature: Ikir (cuz flamey birb)
Favorite United form: Either Tahu/Ikir or Umarak/Uxar
Favorite villian: Umarak :smiley:
Favorite Set: Not sure, I’ll update/edit this once I have them all. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

They’re Tonfas. I absolutely love tonfas. If you position it wrong, it looks awkward, but positioned correctly they’re great.

~W12~

1 Like

Sure it is! It reminds me of this:

9 Likes

wow , so now its confirmed that there is the other half of the vahi in the temple of time . .
which connect to the vahi from G1 . . interesting

1 Like

I love those weapons ;3

3 Likes

Me too. It’s funny because Lewa reminds me of Baraka from MK, what with the smiling mask and those blades.

That’s because LEGO doesn’t know how to pose Tonfas. Instead, they have them off to the side at odd angles.

W12~

2 Likes

Favorite Master: Tahu
Favorite Protector: Vizuna
Favorite Skull Baddie: Skull Basher

Favorite Unity: (As a right now) Pohatu
Favorite Creature: Ikir The Phoenix Creature
Favorite Baddie: Umarak the Hunter

1 Like

Maybe Lewa spins the blades

That is what you do with Tonfas. It’s just that, if you stop halfway, it looks silly.
Trust me, I use tonfas in my Karate class.

~W12~

Indeed, but Tonfas are pretty hard to translate into set form. It’s not hard to replicate the weapon itself but rather the movement.
(I’m sure you know how it moves so this more for everyone else, and please correct me if I’m wrong.)

The tonfa starts with the long shaft (in this case the blended sword) facing toward the elbow. As the wearer moves his arms laterally or twists his waist he lets the blade spin out around. There are tons of other ways you can attack with tonfas but I think this technique was the one the designers were going for.

In theory Lewa should be able to do this because he can spin his waist and blades, but the problem lies in the length of the blade, how much friction the blade has, and his arm length. If you’re lucky that the blade moves while you spin I’m almost positive the blade will collide with his chest. His arms just don’t get the weapon far away enough. I’d love a tonfa weapon if it works but I’m not sure it will on Lewa.

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! Can’t wait to hold her in my own hands.
Anyway, I’m currently working on a Ga-Koto pic, nothing too elaborate but I’m sure you’ll guys enjoy it, might actually finish it today.

Guys, could someone with both Master and Uniter Lewa replace the 4 green uniter shells with keetorange master’s ones? I know it’s gonna remove almost every green part but I’d like to see how it looks.

1 Like

Favorite 2015 Sets:

• Favorite Toa: Kopaka
  • Favorite Protector: Nilkuu
  • Favorite Villain: Skull Basher

Favorite 2016 Sets:

• Favorite Toa: Onua
  • Favorite Creature: Terak/Uxar
  • Favorite Unity: Lewa/Uxar Unity
  • Favorite Villain: Umarak

Other

• Favorite Conflict In Box: Shadow Traps
  • Favorite Combo Style: Toa/Creature Unity

How come Uniter Lewa doesn’t have any trans limbs when literally every other Toa does? That’s always bothered me with both G2 Lewas with Master Lewa not having trans green shells when he could and Uniter Lewa having trans green bones when he could…

1 Like

Well everyone is shearing their lists of favorite sets so I will too!
2015:
Fav Toa: Tahu
Fav Protector: Vizuna
Fav Skelly: Warrior

2016:
Fav Toa: Potato uniter of puns
Fav Creature: Ikir
Fav Combo: Tie between Ikir and Tahu/ Uxar and Umarak
Fav Set: Umarak

3 Likes