BIONICLE 2016 Leaks Discussion Topic

They are probably intelligent enough to lay motionless and ambush unsuspecting creatures that go near it.

4 Likes

@Ekimu~kun I LOVE YOU.

Armpit wasn’t the thing that I was going for :grin: I just tried to give examples,moreover the upper arm part of a figure may sound like it isn’t a big deal,but…it is.(saying this by thinking that you tried to imply upper arm by saying armpit? anyways if you are talking about Onua it is mainly sides of his chest that are gapy.)

Am I the only one who really likes this 08’ cable on the Toa and Creatures? I remember getting Lewa phantoka and Tanma and just connecting them together so that they look like a freaking powerhouse.

5 Likes

No he doesn’t, if you look at the combo model it’s the new Technic-eque shell piece that are on Tahu’s upper legs and the Creatures’ bodies.

1 Like

My major complaint is the clashing textures. This is most evident on Tahu and Kopaka. Tahu being the worst offender with 4 different addons and textures (the crystaline addon, the piston addon, the skull addon, and the new detailed shell.) The detail is just overwhelming on him.

It strikes me as odd that the two new parts this year (the crystaline addon, the detailed shell) do not work well together. They both look like they have completly different aesthetics.

3 Likes

Interesting that you find the a con, personally I love all the texture, I never liked CCBS’s sleek look. I like a huge amount of detail, like a lot of G1 sets.

5 Likes

Keep in mind that CCBS is kinda supposed to be the “system” of constraction.
You know how System sets have pieces that are usually only one color, aren’t detailed, and are easy to build with? That’s basically CCBS. Bonkle is different, one of the major things being all those freaking greebles. I personally don’t mind the greebles too much but when it goes to the extent where it’s just pistons on a character that should look more simple and clean, I don’t like it. That’s why I like the 2015 add on greeble. It’s simple but it has just enough greebles for my liking.

4 Likes

Not a squid launcher :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So, uh…What do you guys think of the Nuva symbols? Are they gonna play a part in the story?

Also, where are the Toa gonna get the Golden masks? Were they on Okoto the whole time or something?

3 Likes

I love textures as well, but there is simply too many types of it on Tahu. The smooth and natural crystal addon, the incredibly detailed shell, the jagged skull addon, and the simple piston addon simply do not mix well together. The many different textures placed very close to each other make him look very cluttered. At this point the detail becomes over-saturated, the pieces each trying to catch attention it becomes very hard to focus on Tahu.

No, not really. They are probably just each Toa’s individual symbol. They look pretty great though.

If so the protectors have some explaining to do.

3 Likes

Tahu: Explain yourself Narmoto!

Narmoto: You…were not the first Toa!

6 Likes

This is the biggest mystery right now (for me, at least). Ekimu made these masks at the end of IOTLM, so why would he make a colored AND gold one? It doesn’t make any sense…

@Dr_Chronos I’d really like to see this pison piece. Help me, plox.

Truth be told, Tahu’s new mask kinda looks like Liikhan’s Hau.

4 Likes

You know, the 2015 piston addon. This thing:

4 Likes

xD Oh!

It was hau nuva to me

@Bbrin I would say it’s something on it’s own, some insecoid-avian rahi. Whatever it is, I think I love it the best.

@Triple My point when I was mentioned on the podcast. Parts are cool, but they are being senselessly spammed all over the sets, which is why my HF comparison came into play. And now that you point it out, Tahu’s aesthetic is all over the place. It would be one thing to put the technic shell and piston add-on everywhere. It’s another to have three to four aesthetics screaming different designs.

2 Likes

15 Likes