BIONICLE 2017 Speculation Topic

Hollow Warrior? Please no the sets are already gappy enough.
/s

11 Likes

I think that, for all intents and purposes, Ekimu has replaced Takanuva as the “Golden dude who fights the bad guy” character. Like, I understand that the two have very different personalities and backstories, but were Lego to introduce another golden Toa, it would just be confusing.

If they were to somehow incorporate Takanuva, they’d have to do something different. Maybe like an all silver and grey Toa or something. As far as plot goes, I think that’d be dependent on the Toa’s backstories.

10 Likes

It would be confusing, I never thought of that…

And yeah, how Takanuva would actually be introduced without re-doing mask of light would be interesting…

I like the idea of some sort of silver Toa though, LEGO could build on that idea

1 Like

something i would like to see would be the following, Kulta being rereleaset in his combiner form, along with Umarak in his destroyer combiner form, and then a titan Makuta, and then have all three of those combine into the biggest combiner in G2 yet.

think about it:

10 Likes

Either that or the last wave features Makuta combining with his villains as well to get the Mask of Ultimate Power.

2 Likes

would make for a great exlusive set like with two past makuta combiners:

it would also make sence if he came with an exlusive mask that could be like a alternate form of the MoUP.

7 Likes

As cool as that would be (and trust me I love combiners), I can’t see Lego selling a combiner model that uses old sets. You’ll note that the combiner sets that were sold (TakutaNuva, Ultimate Dume, Voporak, and Vezon and Kardas) all featured sets that were available at the time. Voporak didn’t use '04 sets, Kardas didn’t use '05 sets, etc.

Having said that, this doesn’t really bother me personally because I make my own combo models anyway. :smile:

4 Likes

eh, LEGO could allways release new versions of the large combiners, but have them as titan sets, as in Ultimate Kulta and Umarak are just as large as their former combiners, but are new sets by themself. if that meant that we would have three sets in the summer wave of 2017, i think people would be happy with the option of three titan figures that could combine.

1 Like

Something that I hope comes back in 2017 are the Toa’s signature weapons (or similar ones), because I feel like the 2016 Toa don’t have as much personality as the 2015 ones. I know that in the story it wouldn’t make much sense since the original ones were pretty much destroyed during the battle against Skull Grinder, but updating them would be a good idea.

4 Likes

i think it would be better if our heroes got something that was more similar to their original G1 weapons, but by explaining that they are weapons used by heroes of old, the original heroes of Okoto’s history.

would atleast be a nice refrence to G1, atleast they would not need to say “these are the G1 weapons” or anything.

4 Likes

I just want Pohatu’s boomerangs back…

1 Like

a combo would be incredible,

though it would probably work the most for Pohatu given how his original weapon was his boots.

3 Likes

Hi guys,

I’d like (if you want) to hear your imagination on how you want the Toa to be like (which weapon, which colour scheme, armor, mask etc.), any ideas?

Three combiners… Combining?

Yo dawg I heard you like combiners

7 Likes

Next year I would like to see the Toa become even more elemental, for example having Gali with some kind of “wave” decorations as an add-on. I hope the masks are a single color too.
Also I don’t want the Toa to get taller, it makes the bad guys look weaker.

5 Likes

I hope the bad guys in the wave are HUGE…to the point where they could take on 3 of the Toa and give them a hard time…

I would also like to see more elemental aesthetic. The crystal pieces this year were a step in the right directions however they aren’t personal enough. It would be great to have different eye colours other than blue, green and orange…

Also a new CCBS foot would be nice. They have been using the same one for 5 years on the good guys (yes, there have been the more “bestialise” feet but I mean for your average hero…not something too “out there”). I like the current design, but a new type of foot would be nice

5 Likes

I genuinely hope that the next wave of Toa don’t get any taller, as i’m struggling to find space on my shelf for all of them (especially with the new Fortress Maximus coming.), but I do hope the new baddies are at least sizable, and have a few functions that presumably don’t break the figure’s aesthetic (sTORM BEAST).

Hey, Kinda like you /s

1 Like

Holy Mata Nui do I want a new foot design. The current one SUCKS. I can’t even describe how sick of that foot piece I am.

Me too. The G2 villains never seem like a real match for the Toa…

On the Toa subject, am I the only one who is really irritated by the fact that Tahu, Onua and Kopaka have been getting bigger sets than Gali, Pohatu and Lewa? I feel as though it conflicts with the whole idea that the Toa are all supposed to be equal to each other. Also, the size difference is not enough to warrant an extra 5 bucks in my opinion. Please, Lego. Can the Toa all be the same size next year?

6 Likes